test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constitution class is a Heavy Cruiser - another ship class mistake

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
According to all the technical manuals, the Constitution ship class is considered a Heavy Cruiser. So by rights, it should be a Tier 3 ship, not a Tier 2.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    booker9172 wrote: »
    According to all the technical manuals, the Constitution ship class is considered a Heavy Cruiser. So by rights, it should be a Tier 3 ship, not a Tier 2.

Um, that was 140 years ago, in TOS era.

By current status, even an upgraded version is NOT gonna rate HEAVY anymore.
    edited January 2010
    1> this is a game. Get over it.

B> I'm not sure "tech manuals" are cannon.

iii> Star Trek contradicts itself on a regular basis anyways.

3.0> This game takes place at least a few decades beyond the point that would be addressed in a tech manual, so whatever criteria that would determine if something was a CA or a CL (or I guess just a C? CC? By cryptics nomenclature) could easily have changes.... especially since it's such a an outdated design that is only kept in screaming distance of modern ships through many upgrades and refits, presumably.
    edited January 2010
    The ship is 140 years old, so I agree that it should no longer be considered "heavy", however I think that they should slip the excelsior in there some where (mabe Tier 3) since it was bigger than the constitution and I'd love an opportunity to command one. (even if just for a while)
This discussion has been closed.