test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's the Excelsior and Ambassador class ships? SHip classes are messed up.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
The cruiser class is the most recognizable ship class in the Star Trek Universe. Just follow the Enterprise's classes over the years. The problem is that two of them are missing. Where's the "B" (Excelsior) and "C" (Ambassador) classes. They are very important in the cruiser line. Instead we get the Constellation, Stargazer, and the Dakota class. Cryptic should put the Excelsior & Ambassador classes as the Heavy Cruisers and have us start off with the Stargazer & Dakota. Also, wasn't the Stargazer a Constellation class ship? I think it was.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    booker9172 wrote: »
    The cruiser class is the most recognizable ship class in the Star Trek Universe. Just follow the Enterprise's classes over the years. The problem is that two of them are missing. Where's the "B" (Excelsior) and "C" (Ambassador) classes. They are very important in the cruiser line. Instead we get the Constellation, Stargazer, and the Dakota class. Cryptic should put the Excelsior & Ambassador classes as the Heavy Cruisers and have us start off with the Stargazer & Dakota. Also, wasn't the Stargazer a Constellation class ship? I think it was.

Vesper is the 'updated' Excelsior for this time frame. As for the Ambassador Class ships, I could have sworn I saw them under the old 'Ships of the Line' link they used to have up, under Tier 3. Maybe the ship wasn't ready or it's planned for a future content patch.
This discussion has been closed.