test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patience, but also caution!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I have been waiting for this game for a long time now. I am happy with most of the work done on the game thus far, and I do realize that the creation of such a game is not easy. That being said I am very disappointed with Atari ((Cryptic is just a name now, its Atari calling the shots)). Atari want to enter the MMO field and make itself known. Well I must say they are doing a terrible job. I have seen next to none as far as advertising of STO!
Its almost like there is an office weasel there telling the developers use what you have because you are not getting anymore, perhaps it is one of the three men who have been in charge over the last three years. I have seen strides here as far as customer service, but I grow concerned that it is lip service, as we cannot even get a heads up in game when they have to bring the server down.:mad:. I have decided that no matter how much I love Star Trek, that I will not give this game more then three months to demonstrate Atari cares. The reason I will give them three months is to give them the chance to do something, to try and live up to the potential of what this game could be. I hope that Atari gets its head out of the proverbial sand, and realizes that it may never get many of the players they are loosing now due to this incompetence, :eek:.

And to the CEO of Atari, Do us a favor, if you want to play with companies like Blizzard, them put some cash on the line. So far it seems you have already cut the cord on STO, and for myself Atari killing Star Trek will be remembered, and not forgotten. In short if this dies, all I will hope for is to see atari fade away as well.:(
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Agree 100%....if Atari lets the first Star Trek MMO fall flat on it's face, the bad press will be their deathknell. I don't care if you've been making video games since the first consoles in the 1980s....that was then, this is now, and you guys have seriously lost your mojo.
    edited January 2010
    atari has always been garbage. they are garbage now too. im just hoping someone with a brain there tries to make star trek perfect. or as close as it can be.
    edited January 2010
    atari has always been garbage. they are garbage now too. im just hoping someone with a brain there tries to make star trek perfect. or as close as it can be.

Saw a commercial last night on Sci-Fi.
    edited January 2010

I was glad to see that Atari payed for tv ads.
    edited January 2010

I have not seen a single commercial for STO, but I have seen over a dozen of that Fight for the Lost game....:(
    edited January 2010
    Duhkrok wrote: »
    I have not seen a single commercial for STO, but I have seen over a dozen of that Fight for the Lost game....:(

SyFy is the only one I've seen playing them. There was one a few days ago when Star Trek Enterprise was on. Also, as part of the partnership deal, during SyFy's Star Trek marathons this week, STO commericals will be played throughout.
    edited January 2010
    Atari peaked with Missile Command
    edited January 2010
    About the only MMO I have ever seen commercials for is WoW. Then again I don't watch TV. I did see where they teamed with SciFi channel to have a couple days worth of Star Trek marathon which seems like quite a bit of advertising. (I am sure the game is going to be mentioned just a few times) As for gaming sites I see plenty about it. Besides I don't think it is the games that Atari is worried about the most. Don't get me wrong, they want them to be successful because it helps them in the long run. I think what they are really going for here is an game engine that can turn out MMO's quick and cheap to license to other companies to build their own MMO's.
    edited January 2010
    Atari definitely needs 2 take a gamble and give as much money to STO development cause in the end it will make them more money:) and only benefit them
This discussion has been closed.