test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The C-Store Character Race Respec?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has heard what kind of items will be in the C-Store? Mainly ones pertaining to a Character Re-Make of sorts to where you could possible down the road in the game want to your character bonuses. I know that will learn more as the game goes on and would like the chance re-make my Character. Do you think there would be something like this in the C-Store? Not just for skill Re-spec but for your whole Character from Race to Traits.

P.S. Thanks for responding to my Noobie post! :p
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I should not have to pay money to respec a character.

In game credits is ok
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So you wouldn't pay lets say 5 bucks... to Re-Select everything from Traits, Skills, and Race? :eek:

I think it would be really cool to say one day I am Maxed level and want to change my entire Character to Science from Tactical and Re-Select everything. Not many games would let ya do that. I think it just would be coo,l if the option was there for people who would want to. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    zink1985 wrote:
    So you wouldn't pay lets say 5 bucks... to Re-Select everything from Traits, Skills, and Race? :eek:

I think it would be really cool to say one day I am Maxed level and want to change my entire Character to Science from Tactical and Re-Select everything. Not many games would let ya do that. I think it just would be coo,l if the option was there for people who would want to. :)

Well, I gues maybe if I wanted to redo the character itself(but thats not something I do)

Changing your "class/profession/skills" should be a real world money transaction. What next they will charge us 2 bucks for a promotion? :confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well if you look at World of Warcraft for an example. Blizzard charge you to transfer your Character to another server. To Rename them. To change there Gender, and so on I don't see anything wrong with other MMO's trying to do the same. With in certain reason anyway. HaHa :confused:

Just because the Option is there dose not mean you have to do it so.. I don't see anything wrong with it. Now if they charged us for leveling up that would never haven in an AAA MMO like STO. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    YoshiSato wrote: »
    What next they will charge us 2 bucks for a promotion? :confused:

Ha, I chuckled a bit out loud =)

Incoming Message!!

"You have earned enough skill points to attain Commander, Visit the C-Store to give us the funds it will need for the ceremony. Thanks, Admiral Q
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    YoshiSato wrote: »
    I should not have to pay money to respec a character.

In game credits is ok

There are several options Cryptic will offer.:

1st: Your class experiences a significant change --> FREE respecc
    2nd: InGame respecc ---> Charege in Ingame money
    3rd: C-Store respecc ---> Costs money

The source of this was a DevPost but it got deleted along with all the old stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Why isn't at least the character rename in the C-store yet? They need to get this thing up and running.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    zink1985 wrote:
    Well if you look at World of Warcraft for an example. Blizzard charge you to transfer your Character to another server. To Rename them. To change there Gender, and so on I don't see anything wrong with other MMO's trying to do the same.
    Yea but thats all not necessary.... respeccing although can be depending how the high lvl gaming will be looking alike.

As well it would be to find out which spec is the best for your class.

You can respec in WoW how much you would like to, for a bit ingame gold.... Changes in name and char are different... that involves special attention from Blizzard...., because they would have to lay hands on that toon.

A respec should never be charged in mmorpg´s. If it really is charged and necessary later, then it would be a reason for me to stop playing... because I cba paying for things who should imho be available from the start.

I´m for sure not paying for a respec additionally to a montly fee... no way!
    zink1985 wrote:
    Just because the Option is there dose not mean you have to do it so.. I don't see anything wrong with it. Now if they charged us for leveling up that would never haven in an AAA MMO like STO. :D
    IF there will be well thought fleet actions who would need real tanks and healers then you would have no other possibility than to respec... Raising a char with pure healing/tanking spec is a drag with every mmorpg.

Considering how often I got all on me even when I´m grouped and even though my damage output cant be that good because I like to play save and so I´m raising shields/repairs etc. as well as dps skills (I´m engineer) I´d say the aggro generation on groups works already :D
This discussion has been closed.