test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Statement form Cryptic on Current problems ?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hi Guys,

Okay before i get flamed, (i'm wearing my flame proof coat).

I am life time subscriber, but im starting to consider if that was a mistake ?

The launch (Keep in mind the game is now retail with pre start) was less than stella witha number of issues from the head start bonus TRIBBLE up to the server issues...that was yesterday...

Today has been less than stella again, with issues from increasing lagg to discconects to not being able to log in...agian these should not be happening ona retial product, (will admit that if a major content patch was being released then yes mabye)...

And to top this all off bugs that i personally reported in closed beta and open beta are still present (reported agian)...

So i persoanlly need a bit a reassurance from Cryptic and what the current problems are and the solutions and a time frame please ?

Mr_Paris.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Mr_paris wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Okay before i get flamed, (i'm wearing my flame proof coat).

I am life time subscriber, but im starting to consider if that was a mistake ?

The launch (Keep in mind the game is now retail with pre start) was less than stella witha number of issues from the head start bonus TRIBBLE up to the server issues...that was yesterday...

Today has been less than stella again, with issues from increasing lagg to discconects to not being able to log in...agian these should not be happening ona retial product, (will admit that if a major content patch was being released then yes mabye)...

And to top this all off bugs that i personally reported in closed beta and open beta are still present (reported agian)...

So i persoanlly need a bit a reassurance from Cryptic and what the current problems are and the solutions and a time frame please ?

Mr_Paris.

Don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The power generating hamster died... they are going to the pet store to procure another.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Err

at risk of being percieved as flamming and having experience a million launches and prelaunched by this point in time this one went pretty well

its saturday weekend and cold in north america where more then half the players likely reside. They are all downloading and pounding on the servers.

As for a cryptic statement its probably best to send them a support ticket asking them why cause your only gonna get "peanut gallery" answers here cause its a forum with mostly member input.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just a guess, but I would think the cryptic statement was a unanimous

'oh TRIBBLE'

from IT, customer support, and marketing. While the engineers are each hoping it was not anything they added in patch.

:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cryptic will not give you any of the answers you are wanting from them.

The reason is, they don't know themselves when those issues will no long present themselves.

Does anyone honestly think that Cryptic is sitting there saying.. "Hey, lets let the system TRIBBLE up and crash all the time for fun."

They want a smooth game, they need a smooth game.

When something goes out, they have to diagnose the problem and attempt to find a fix for it.

They are doing the best they can. The only thing that is subjective, is how good is their best.

I would expect a rocky beginning until they get things more under control. They have admitted to being overwhelmed at the numbers of people signing up and such. Best they can do is to adapt and overcome.

Best we can do is to continue to play or not. LTS not withstanding, you can either play under the current conditions or not.
    You can continue or you can cancel your LTS. It's a choice and gamble either way. But ultimately, the choice is purely yours.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    every game that ever launched people act like this is something new whats going on......
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, here's a dev's comment:
    WishStone wrote:
    Aye, the servers were slow, we're working on the issue right now to get it sorted out for you!

Got it off another thread. These things happen. This launch has been better then most; took them 26 hours to crash <LOL>.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You would be amazed at the things that can happen.

When i worked in Dell IT in 1999, we brought up a new server room that handled all the stations in Round Rock 3, a new building that was just finished. The lead IT guy came down to help us celebrate and brought a bottle of bubbly. He was the boss, we didn't question it. He passed out plastic wine cups that you see in a cheap wedding reception and popped the cork. The fizz sprayed seven routers and two server boards, and these were not low end routers. Around $30K worth of stuff went up in smoke and the servers all crashed of course.

Round Rock 3 took 5 hours to become operational again.

The boss was fired. :)

I am not saying this is what happened here, but you never know what goes on when a bunch of tech heads are wanting to celebrate something.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is typical of game launches. Been thru several, with Galaxies being one of the worst and LOTRO being one of the best. This one is middle of the road, edging closer to LOTRO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmmmmm,

Okay whilst i agree with some elements of what has been said dont think i can with everygaem at lanunch has had this, yes some has, but lets face it for those of us in the closed and open beta...are these issues ive described above any diferent from then ?......

I would have to say no (except from the c store borg issue)....the exact issues that occured in open beta are agian appearing with the server leoad issues ect, and as for people getting on the server ect, well this is retial now chaps, you have to ensure the capacity is there.....agian rather dispointed.

MR_Paris
This discussion has been closed.