test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do more people care about borg then the game.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So i've had alot fun playing the early start, even though both lifetime and 12 month subscriptions are tasty, i'm confused at why every lifetime subscriber or atleast everyone that i've seen, complain about one little race out of the thousands of things you can do in this game.

I mean yeah it's the borg it's just a race you can't use borg ships, so it's not really that bad, or perhaps it's the hype that you get to have a steaming hot fantasy with your very own borg >>Voyager<<, I prefer the doctor :)

I would like to know if the players of lifetime paid 240$ for the borg, or 240$ for the game. Because zone chat all night was filled with, "I didn't get my borg, this game sucks"

Anyway thats your view
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, for a fancy eye patch and an extra player ability its not THAT big a deal. I was kind of surprised to visit memory alpha and I had 5 liberated borg characters standing around me.
    edited January 2010
    I really believe some paid out the money JUST so they could be a borg, very sad.
    edited January 2010
    yon borg on the horizon

how do you feel, knowing that one of your kind is my lowly bridge officer
    edited January 2010
    Well for me it was math. The cheapest regular subscription is the 6 month subscription for 13 $. With a lifetime, I pay that in 18 months. That means, from month 19+ I save money. And if it is like with EQ or Wow (both I played for 5+ years), it sums up :)

And I don't even think I will play that long because the game is so good. But I play very casually and will need a lot of time to level up :)

All the rest is a bonus I could easily live without.
    edited January 2010
    Thaddeus wrote: »
    So i've had alot fun playing the early start, even though both lifetime and 12 month subscriptions are tasty, i'm confused at why every lifetime subscriber or atleast everyone that i've seen, complain about one little race out of the thousands of things you can do in this game.

I mean yeah it's the borg it's just a race you can't use borg ships, so it's not really that bad, or perhaps it's the hype that you get to have a steaming hot fantasy with your very own borg >>Voyager<<, I prefer the doctor :)

I would like to know if the players of lifetime paid 240$ for the borg, or 240$ for the game. Because zone chat all night was filled with, "I didn't get my borg, this game sucks"

Anyway thats your view

I was someone who didn't have their Liberated Borg to begin the day. I did though eventually get it a few hours later after placing a ticket and replying to the thread here on the forums. Was I upset, not at all. I would like to think most people who were upset they didn't have it, were so because they didn't want to go through the charade of creating a character that wasn't their main. This is what ended up telling most of them.....

"You have a LIFETIME subscription. For as long as the game is out, you'll be able to play your borg. They will fix it and you will get to play it within the next 24 hours. People waiting to start their Joined Trill have to wait til the 2nd. Calm down."

That worked most of the time. But people are impatient and love to compain, so go figure.
    edited January 2010
    Urko wrote: »
    I really believe some paid out the money JUST so they could be a borg, very sad.

You are very right.
    edited January 2010
    yon borg on the horizon

how do you feel, knowing that one of your kind is my lowly bridge officer

We're used to drones doing TRIBBLE work. How do you feel about us commanding starships, after all we did prior to liberation?
    edited January 2010
    I never planned on using my Borg character untill I start my science captain anyway, so it didnt affect me.

It does seem odd that so many Borg have been liberated by starfleet :D
    edited January 2010
    Urko wrote: »

This.

I've seen some people who didn't buy the lifetime for the actual lifetime sub, but for the borg. I know this because they told me so. Kind of odd to pay that much money for something so silly but eh, it's their money I suppose.
    edited January 2010
    I never planned on using my Borg character untill I start my science captain anyway, so it didnt affect me.

It does seem odd that so many Borg have been liberated by starfleet :D

And on the Feb 2nd the majority of the trill species will all have symbiotes.
    edited January 2010
    I'm a lifer also, and I was pretty friggen annoyed about not having my borg at the start. But mostly I was annoyed by the lack of communication and the just plain wrong communication. Stating the issue was fixed, on the forums and in game, when it plainly wasn't.

It's also indicative of the state of things when they can't get something as simple as an account flag correct. However, that being said, I just spent the time leveling up a throw-away toon to 6 so I could make my klingon, once I was done with that, my borg was fixed. I would have rather done those 6 levels on my borg, but so I do em again, not like we haven't all done 1-10 numerous times.
    edited January 2010
    I rebuilt my human captain the same as the one I played in Beta, so the Borg problem wasn't much of an issue to me at all. I can understand the frustration as those of us who played in Beta are looking to try out a new angle to the game's early areas. At any regard I don't believe any of the guys I am teaming with were bent out of shape about the borg issue. We just started building... after all its more gear we can pile into the fleet anyway. All in all, it really wasn't that big of a deal. Since early open started I've tried quite a few new things I didn't try during Beta.

This does bring up a good point however, for the altaholic in me, I'm curious what exactly is the maximum number of characters we can have, and whether the CS will be selling slots or will they be unlockable. Will it be like City of Heroes where time played also piles into this? Just curious.
This discussion has been closed.