test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribbles are still lootable, why?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was under the impression that after Live came Tribbles would be restricted to those who Pre-Ordered for them? Why, then, are they still in the loot table?

I don't have that particular pre-order, myself, but I have a bank full of Tribbles. They all do the exact same thing that the Pre-Order Tribbles are supposed to do. I've been breeding them and handing them out to my Fleet-mates. Doesn't this render the Best Buy Pre-Order folks bonus kind of worthless?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol they'll have to be compensated somehow, taking tribbles out of the loot table won't help since theyre bred all over the place.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ah well no biggy, Im currently filling my bank with the buggers because they are awesome.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Might just be bad luck but I have only found 1 tribble in 11 lvls of headstart. I had over a dozen in open beta.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Right Click, show info on your Tribble.

You will see the description lists the BREED of the Tribble. There are different breeds of Tribbles that have better / different effects.

The people who pre-ordered are going to get the 'best' tribble breed with it's effects. Incidentally, feeding your tribbles different things is supposed to have an affect on the breed you get. Kinda like the crafting system only you have to explore the combinations.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thats realy kinda upsetting cuz i have the Preorder Tribble .. funny thing is if you make a klingon character your also supposed to get a Targ. However I think the preorder Tribble is a bit diffrent than the lootable one although im not sure of the diffrence yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I would say the difference is you start with it. Instead of waiting till it drops in a mission. With the head start gonna miss not using my constitution class ost item, not much use starting another character to use it.

Captain Max Spartan {Legion-Liberated borg}, commanding the cruiser USS IRON HORSE. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Akumaka wrote: »
    I was under the impression that after Live came Tribbles would be restricted to those who Pre-Ordered for them? Why, then, are they still in the loot table?

I don't have that particular pre-order, myself, but I have a bank full of Tribbles. They all do the exact same thing that the Pre-Order Tribbles are supposed to do. I've been breeding them and handing them out to my Fleet-mates. Doesn't this render the Best Buy Pre-Order folks bonus kind of worthless?

How do you make them breed?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thats realy kinda upsetting cuz i have the Preorder Tribble .. funny thing is if you make a klingon character your also supposed to get a Targ. However I think the preorder Tribble is a bit diffrent than the lootable one although im not sure of the diffrence yet.

I'm sure the pre-order one will be a better one.

But it's cool that they left them in. Tribbles are part of Star Trek.

I've looted 3 so far, ironically off Klingons. Are there Klingons with a Tribble fetish?!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You just leaving them in your inventory. Soon you have 2, etc....

Captain Max Spartan {Legion - Liberated Borg}, commanding the cruiser USS IRON HORSE. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The pre-order tribble is probably sort of a tribble master race compared to the ones you can loot in game. Think of the pre order tribble as a blue, and the lootable ones as white.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You just leaving them in your inventory. Soon you have 2, etc....

Captain Max Spartan {Legion - Liberated Borg}, commanding the cruiser USS IRON HORSE. :D

What we need is a BOFF ability "Beam Tribbles into Klingon Engine Room"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Because that's the trouble with tribbles....

Get it?

Hmmmmm
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The pre-order tribble as I have read it on the pre-order faq, is a pet, that is usuable. when you click on it, you will animate petting the tribble, and it heals you some % of health, forgot what, but not usuable in combat. don't remember what the equivalent Klingon Targ does...
  • Options
    edited January 2010

You leave it in your inventory or bank with a food item. Soon, the Tribble will consume the food item and produce another Tribble!

Sabredruid: All of the Tribbles do that. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The closed beta ones I got were dark brown, and smaller. the open beta were light brown and larger. The one from breeding were white not sure it had anything to do with it. Now that they fixed Tribles I give them to my BO's. Though in between combat they can't seem to stop playing with em.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    sabredruid wrote: »
    The pre-order tribble as I have read it on the pre-order faq, is a pet, that is usuable. when you click on it, you will animate petting the tribble, and it heals you some % of health, forgot what, but not usuable in combat. don't remember what the equivalent Klingon Targ does...

The looted tribbles are out of combat heals too.

Not that this is a particularly useful ability, since you rapidly heal to full health anyway out of combat.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    What we need is a BOFF ability "Beam Tribbles into Klingon Engine Room"

ROFL!!!

Id use it :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wait, the pre-order Tribble is a pet guys...you didn't know this? LOL...

[QUOTEBest Buy $49.99
    Targ/Tribble Pet: A Targ is a cosmetic pet for Klingon characters only that a player can summon and dismiss at will. The Tribble when summoned increases a Federation character’s healing rate, though it cannot be summoned during combat. A character will take out his Tribble and pet it.
    ][/QUOTE]

http://www.rarityguide.com/forums/star-trek-online-sto/15133-cryptic-published-star-trek-online-pre-order-retailers-page-full-list-preorder-bonuses-inside.html

Not like the Tribbles in-game currently, which count as an ITEM. The pre-order Tribbles will use a "summon spell" similar to how the Del Taco shuttle works.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kanemura wrote: »
    Wait, the pre-order Tribble is a pet guys...you didn't know this? LOL...
    Best Buy $49.99
    Targ/Tribble Pet: A Targ is a cosmetic pet for Klingon characters only that a player can summon and dismiss at will. The Tribble when summoned increases a Federation character’s healing rate, though it cannot be summoned during combat. A character will take out his Tribble and pet it.
    ]

http://www.rarityguide.com/forums/star-trek-online-sto/15133-cryptic-published-star-trek-online-pre-order-retailers-page-full-list-preorder-bonuses-inside.html

Not like the Tribbles in-game currently, which count as an ITEM. The pre-order Tribbles will use a "summon spell" similar to how the Del Taco shuttle works.

The Del Taco shuttle is an item as well. So are Tribbles. You equip them, and then use them as an item to gain the "summoning" effect. Your Federation Character will take out the Tribble and pet it to get the Healing effect, just like the Pre-Order ones.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well being a Liberated Borg I heal shields/health continously in, or out of combat. Prolly won't have much use for them other than giving them to my non borg bridge officers.

Captain Max Spartan {Legion - Liberated Borg} commanding the cruiser USS IRON HORSE. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ... i still have yet to loot a tribble.. closed beta open beta and now head start and i havent looted my friends looted 10+ in open beta...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All I want to know is can I fill my free shuttle with tribbles until it explodes and I can start all over again?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gozew wrote:
    Ah well no biggy, Im currently filling my bank with the buggers because they are awesome.

I hate them, im contantly having to drop them when i try and loot items as theyre filling up my inventory.. heck all my officers have 2 each in their item slots in a vain attempt of me getting rid of them.

I'd rather see an option to not loot them, along with pointless meals
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Akumaka wrote: »
    You leave it in your inventory or bank with a food item. Soon, the Tribble will consume the food item and produce another Tribble!

Sabredruid: All of the Tribbles do that. :D

omg too cool, thx info
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Tribble from preorder is probably just a custom skin one.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

They need to be in your inventory or your bank....with food available to them. They will simply breed over time...1 tribble becomes 2 tribbles...then 3...then 4...etc. Just keep food available and you'll have lots of tribbles. People breed them because some have different temporary buffs than others.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    everyone should get a Klingon BO and give it a tribble. the sound is horrendous, but accurate to TOS.
This discussion has been closed.