Janko wrote:
    Just got kicked, stuck at "Connecting to the login server"

me too :(
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    server is down...dunno why :(
    edited January 2010
    mee 2 of to bed now then damm server issues might be ok on pst time but not if you uk +
    edited January 2010
    judging by how slow the forums are moving, i would say that they got an even larger push than they expected.
    edited January 2010
    I am getting increasingly concerned that Cryptics rational of running this game on one server is going to be a major problem. You could solve a lot of the lag issues by having an american and european server. This game is going to b popular and this is only the pre-orders.

This is not a moan just a comment.

Invest in some more hardware you know it makes sense.

There are far less players on CO, where it works, and COH and COV had numerous servers.
    edited January 2010
    I expect this to happen a bit while they continue to tweak the servers to deal with performance issues. Granted we all would love to see a more stable server, however we all know there were deadlines for this game, so they are doing the best they can with what they have.

Not too bad overall, considering the number of head start players that are basically stress testing the servers non-stop in the beginning areas.
    edited January 2010
    Well of to play Age of Conan for a while.
    edited January 2010
    I wonder how many anti-Star Trek and/or Cryptic people out there are trying to kill the network bandwidth and DOS attack.
    I'm sure a chunk of this slowness is due to sheer popularity, but still, just makes me wonder.
    edited January 2010
    all i ask is an ingame warning, the Fourms almost crash everytime the servers go down, not a good sign if its only the pre-order players that are doing this
    edited January 2010
    It's dead Jim.
    edited January 2010
    chris3474 wrote: »
    Well of to play Age of Conan for a while.

"The irony, it kills me."
    edited January 2010
    Damn it Scotty I need ...more...power!!!

Head Start=Post Beta ..Beta

Welcome to the prelaunch roller coaster.
    edited January 2010
    SunofVich wrote: »
    It's dead Jim.

You get his tricorder, I'll get his wallet!
    edited January 2010
    i wanna play want to have my cruiser ^^.
    edited January 2010
    bumping for a restart!
    edited January 2010
    Grantisdon wrote: »
    me too :(

This is stupid - i cant even imagine whats going to happen on feb 2nd - i mean really ( U expect me to pay to get constantly kicked ) from the game right in the middle of a mission , not once twice but 5 times in the last hour.

as far as im concerned there should be no charge to play STO online until at least the common major systems are in working order - i feel really bad for all the people on release day there going to be a lot of really ****ed off and disgruntled people, I suggest you make it FREE to play till fix the damn thing.

I canceled my pre-order because i don't want to PAY to just try logging in when STO goes live - or get kicked just because your servers cant handle the amount of people that will be trying and failing to get in,

Seriously stop being tightwads & hire some programmers that know what there doing, I am aware that every game has bugs but just logging in shouldn't be one of them and is a major failure in programing.
    edited January 2010
    Thadios wrote: »
    I expect this to happen a bit while they continue to tweak the servers to deal with performance issues. Granted we all would love to see a more stable server, however we all know there were deadlines for this game, so they are doing the best they can with what they have.

Not too bad overall, considering the number of head start players that are basically stress testing the servers non-stop in the beginning areas.

Agreed - although it never ceases to amaze me. I've played a few MMOs at launch and all of them were pushed to release too early IMHO. They have all, without fail, felt like games still being tested, rather than the finished product. I suppose profit rules in this (and every) case: the sooner they get paying customers on their servers, the sooner they start raking in the cash.

Still, I think they've done a good job with what they've given us so far, hopefully the stability issues will get sorted out sooner rather than later.
    edited January 2010
    Nephitis wrote: »
    i wanna play want to have my cruiser ^^.

I was talking 2 one of the npc's in K7 and am i right in thinking that we need to buy our ships when we gain a rank? additionally do we get any credits when we get a rank up? as most missions i do tend to only give tiny ammounts of credits and i think they were asking for 25k credits.
    edited January 2010
    I wish they made a Start Trek episode about the IT guy TRIBBLE up. Can you image, the Enterprise about to go in for the kill and... BSOD.

Actually, I think this should be a Science Ship ability... BSOD a target three seconds. Cruisers can equip a "Reboot in Safe Mode" device to counter the effect, but there resolution goes down to 800x600.
    edited January 2010
    Jensia wrote:
    I was talking 2 one of the npc's in K7 and am i right in thinking that we need to buy our ships when we gain a rank? additionally do we get any credits when we get a rank up? as most missions i do tend to only give tiny ammounts of credits and i think they were asking for 25k credits.

a friend told me you get a scheck to get it 4 free.
    edited January 2010
    Jensia wrote:

from what I understand you get one ship at the new rank for free...any additional ones you have to pay the credits for
    edited January 2010
    Saelanna wrote: »
    Agreed - although it never ceases to amaze me. I've played a few MMOs at launch and all of them were pushed to release too early IMHO. They have all, without fail, felt like games still being tested, rather than the finished product. I suppose profit rules in this (and every) case: the sooner they get paying customers on their servers, the sooner they start raking in the cash.

Still, I think they've done a good job with what they've given us so far, hopefully the stability issues will get sorted out sooner rather than later.

The *only* one that hasn't for me was LOTRO which was a nearly flawless launch. Worst bug was one hobbit who would never give people pies, as I recall it.
    edited January 2010
    from what I understand you get one ship at the new rank for free...any additional ones you have to pay the credits for

This guys Avatar made me LoL IRL
This discussion has been closed.