test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Android race and Photonic race.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So, i recall Cryptic saying that we would be able to play either as androids or as photonic characters.

Currently neither is avaible.

So!?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes I want my Captain Bender of the USS Planet Express, or Captain Arnold J Rimmer of the USS Red Dwarf!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The idea was always that you could create a custom race and determine what traits and appearance you give to him that you think are appropriate for android or photonic beings. They put in stances like "twitchy"(previously called android) to have the body language of an android. I would see the Doctor from Voyager having more of the "thoughtful" stance.

Anyways, it's all up to you to play your character as a photonic or android being.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My guess is it was either postponed or scrapped. Hopefully postponed. Maybe we'll get to see them on the 45 day patch along with the Caitians and Tellarites. Hopefully we will see the Ferengi fixed on that patch as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I thought so too. But apparently their idea of Photonic Officers is a science buff that reduces the timers on the Bridge Officer Powers. :(

But during character creation / modification, you can see there is robotic movement in place. And of course Quinto's EMH is apparent there could be Photonic Officers someday being available.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Quote your source or it didn't happen. ;)

Seriously though, the first playable faction is the Federation, with various races there.

2nd playable faction is the Klingons, with various races there.

That's all they have planned for Headstart and Launch, as far as I know or have heard about.

Of course, as time goes on, who knows?

I'd list out the various races by faction that are currently available, but can't right now... server issues. =)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And I'd really like to see some real Cardassians. Sure, you can make something that approximates them in the Unknown alien area, but their just not the same - the ridges on the head don't really stand out, for instance. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wrote:
    I thought so too. But apparently their idea of Photonic Officers is a science buff that reduces the timers on the Bridge Officer Powers. :(

But during character creation / modification, you can see there is robotic movement in place. And of course Quinto's EMH is apparent there could be Photonic Officers someday being available.
    I'd like the idea of them adding the "flicker" like Quinto's EMH has as some kind of stance or other attribute to your character.

Either that, or they could just add a mobile emitter costume piece to place somewhere on your body.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I thought it was just that you'd be able to have android and holographic BO's, not captains; but as we have neither atm...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Aurangzeb wrote:
    And I'd really like to see some real Cardassians. Sure, you can make something that approximates them in the Unknown alien area, but their just not the same - the ridges on the head don't really stand out, for instance. :(

Cardassians seem to be up for being made into a playable faction, but it seems they will be doing Romulans first.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I thought it was just that you'd be able to have android and holographic BO's, not captains; but as we have neither atm...

I think you're right about that. They mentioned that the Photonic officers would have limitations, most likely being space only.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ytram wrote: »
    add a mobile emitter costume piece to place somewhere on your body.

This

/10charrrrr
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Basically, they have stated they will be adding races in.

1. Caitians
    2. Tellarites

After those, we dont know, the art dept only said they are planning on more than those two and that they are first.

Oh, and source: http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/articles/210/1/Exclusive-Interview-Star-Trek-Onlines-Matt-Highison-Lead-Character-Artist/Page1.html

I am pretty sure they will introduce a hologram race, but it seems they will probly go like this:

1. Fix ferengi, they worked in closed beta =/
    2. Add caitians
    3. Add tellarites
    4. Add holograms - Either a 'flicker' stance so you can have any race, or as their own race.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ruivo wrote:
    So, i recall Cryptic saying that we would be able to play either as androids or as photonic characters.

Currently neither is avaible.

So!?

I'll let you in on a little secret...

SPOILER ALERT!

We're ALL playing photonic characters.

That is all. ;)
This discussion has been closed.