test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Instance issues making it difficult to play

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Me and my friend decided to play STO together for the opening night, we were both in the same room and I had invited him in to my party (or team I dunno whatever you want to call it). Now about 80% of the time we ended up in the same instance, the other 20% we did not making it impossible to do stuff like starbase 24, the patrol missions and so on.

How do the instances work when you are playing with someone? do you both need to join right at the exact same time to enter the same system? does it only work if the same server has 2 spaces available? is it just luck?

I would have expected more people to be having this issue, or are most people doing it alone?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I can't recall the key but I'm almost positive you can change instances once you've entered an incorrect one.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You can click the instance name at top of minimap and then select instance you want!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ah thats good i'll give it a try thank you. Im a big trek geek and liking the game so far up till that issue, so glad to hear theres a way round it
This discussion has been closed.