test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Microtransactions yet?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Just wondering if STO has any microtransactions going yet. Couldn't find a spot for them on the website, but I might be looking in the wrong place. If anyone could point me to where they are at, or if not available when they will be, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

-Ocicat the Insane
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Game launches Tuesday. Check again then.
    edited January 2010
    Game hasn't even hit street date, and you are rushing to throw more money at it?

I suppose the fact that there are people like this is why all MMOs are moving to MTs...
    edited January 2010
    Well, they already said they were doing them. While I'm not looking to "throw money at them" I do want to know what they are offering. The charater I have now isn't even going to be my main, so getting anything now would be a waste, unless it's account wide and reusable for all characters.
    edited January 2010
    I doubt there will be much of anything for a month or so. That is how they handled things in Champions. If they put things in the C-Store earlier than that, they will get raked over the coals for using resources that should have been put towards getting the game ready for release into working on items for MT sales.

It doesn't matter if it is true or not. Perception is reality in business and consumer relations, and they don't want to invite that kind of bad PR.
    edited January 2010
    The real question is, will be be able to get an Orion Slave Girl for our ready room....to Dance of course

:eek:
    edited January 2010
    Caladwen wrote: »
    The real question is, will be be able to get an Orion Slave Girl for our ready room....to Dance of course

:eek:

Meh, I'd rather have an Andorian. Sure they have those antenna things, but blue is so much more sexy then green...
    edited January 2010
    Gene Roddenberry will be spinning in his grave seeing his vision of equality and harmony be turned into a money-grubbing battle on a two-tier system of the haves and the have-nots.
    edited January 2010
    I doubt there will be much of anything for a month or so. That is how they handled things in Champions. If they put things in the C-Store earlier than that, they will get raked over the coals for using resources that should have been put towards getting the game ready for release into working on items for MT sales.

It doesn't matter if it is true or not. Perception is reality in business and consumer relations, and they don't want to invite that kind of bad PR.

It would be bad PR to make the people with the 500 Cryptic point bonus from pre-orders wait a month to use them. So Lets see what they have on Tuesday. I'm guessing more character slots at least, and maybe a Ferengi race for character creation since they have the BO's.
This discussion has been closed.