test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

subscription quesry

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I have just read, with dismay, your pricing plan for STO - most MMO's charge approx £8.99 INCL VAT. You are charging £8.99 then adding VAT on top.... Making your MMO more expensive then most.
Could you please explain the thinking behind this#? I think you may well be shooting yourselves in the foot if you get known for running an expensive game - and I think it's fair to say, that despite my enjoying the game, it isn;t worth that much.... I should consider looking at that pricing again, if I were you...

I would appreciate a dev response to this please.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have to agree. £8.99 + VAT is hardly competitive with other games and I can't see it being particularly viable beyond the initial few months of novelty.

STO is a fun game but it just doesn't have the breadth, depth, polish or stability of many games that cost £8.99 INCLUDING VAT (compared to £10.56 for STO).

Just feels a bit like they look at Star Trek fans as an easy bunch to milk for money. That's a tragic shame.

£10.56 compared to £8.99 a month is hardly a life altering amount but it does make me, at least, look at the relative value, whereas if it were £8.99 I probably wouldn't. I can't see STO holding enough value to keep me subbed for more than 2-3 months at this apparently unjustified price point.
This discussion has been closed.