test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

starting again makes me want ship interiors!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I forgot in a short time. The tutorial has is beam on a ship, move around it in various areas doing things. Now that's why we want interiors!

Doing it for that mission, but not thinking doing it in general seems so opposed. I would settle for a generic look for all the ships until they did ship-correct interiors, why not? Clearly the opening mission shows you can use the interiors for missions very well.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dunno as useless ugly out of scale and just plain bad as Bridges are now....I just can't see Cryptic being able to do justice to Interiors, maybe we asked for too much?
    edited January 2010
    Dunno as useless ugly out of scale and just plain bad as Bridges are now....I just can't see Cryptic being able to do justice to Interiors, maybe we asked for too much?

For $60? No, I dont think thats asking for too much. I have seen extremely complex things done for less than $60.

Remember SWG? they gave all ships (fighters even had cockpits) at least some amount of interior past just the bridge and they were all unique. Granted this wasn't at launch, but I expect interiors to be in the game in less than a year to keep my sub. Doesnt have to be a full interior, just critical places such as engineering and 10-forward things like that.
    edited January 2010
    Whoever did the interiors are clearly overcompensating for something. ^^
    edited January 2010
    Size of the doors are amazing. Could fly a dam shuttle through the entire ship!

I reckon the interior will come and it can be justified. PvP especially could have ships being disabled rather than destroyed. Then boarding can commence and fights on the ship. If the enemy take and hold the bridge they get big points etc The loser has to respawn as normal.

Why not?!

Could even have lots of small missions such as unknown alien crawling around in the tubes, go hunt it and kill.

Holosuit could be onboard everyones ships.

EMH could be used to augment our crew so we would need sickbay. Take on survivors from a battle, triage them in the sickbay, give medicine etc as part of mission.

I thought of the idea of having the shuttle dock but the ability to get in the shuttle to fly and also customising it big time.
    edited January 2010
    Size of the doors are amazing. Could fly a dam shuttle through the entire ship!

I reckon the interior will come and it can be justified. PvP especially could have ships being disabled rather than destroyed. Then boarding can commence and fights on the ship. If the enemy take and hold the bridge they get big points etc The loser has to respawn as normal.

Why not?!

Could even have lots of small missions such as unknown alien crawling around in the tubes, go hunt it and kill.

Holosuit could be onboard everyones ships.

EMH could be used to augment our crew so we would need sickbay. Take on survivors from a battle, triage them in the sickbay, give medicine etc as part of mission.

I thought of the idea of having the shuttle dock but the ability to get in the shuttle to fly and also customising it big time.

This.

10 chars
    edited January 2010
    Yeah if the ship interiors look anything like the CAVERNOUS engineering section in the tutorial I'll pass. I want ship interiors as much as the next guy, but they need to work out their scaling before it would be worth the time. I'd hate to get all kinds of new ways to break the immersion.
This discussion has been closed.