test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If I buy it today...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
If I go to Gamestop (or Amazon, etc) and buy STO, will I be able to download it and play it today? (Saturday, 1/30) Doesn't the box from Gamestop come with a headstart code? Would online get me a code faster?

Thanks
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're boned until Feb 2 .. You had to pre-order before yesterday to get into head start.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    uuugggghhh !!!!! That sucks.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I went into Gamestop today and got my code. Entered it and am now playing. I'd say you would be fine.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If you can buy it, I'm pretty sure you can play. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    GameStop allows $5 down for pre-orders...that way if you don't like it you can still cancel on Feb. 2 granted they are still handing out open beta codes with pre-orders.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Does ordering the package inclue a 30 day subscription? My friend is trying to figure that out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're boned until Feb 2 .. You had to pre-order before yesterday to get into head start.

if the OP got before the 2nd, it's preorder
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Go in the store and preorder if you want to play ASAP. Its worth the extra 5 bucks. Otherwise, order online, elect for instore pickup, wait a few hours, then go there and ask for a beta key. Thats what I did and I'm in the process of patching now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just do not order from Atari store themselves as they seem to have problems providing their customers with keys.

As I am unfortunate to find out, oh and their customer support is absolute worthless, I have absolutely no clue when or ever I will get my key.:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    if you are ordering online do not use gamestop they arent sending preorder codes
This discussion has been closed.