test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Riveting. Worth Every Dollar...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Star Trek Online, in my opinion, is the best damn sci-fi MMO I've ever played in my life (as of right now, sits right next to Earth and Beyond at the top of my list; another epic sci-fi game), and was worth every dollar that I put into the lifetime subscription and what I'm about to pay for when I pick up the physical box Collector's Edition on February 2nd, this Tuesday. There I said it; and I mean every single word.

Sure, there are bugs. Yes, there is latency that makes my Captain and my ship rubberband from time to time and yes, gameplay could run just a bit more smoother...but I imagine most of these things if not all will be ironed out come the first big patch, and I love the game so much I'm willing to have patience, and not sweat it. Seems to me that all of the negative threads and posts that I have had the misfortune of encountering over the last two weeks were not only false, but overexagerated, immature, and rash. This game has so much potential and the possibilities are endless, and no troll or discouraged player out there is going to make me see different. I think Cryptic deserves a big applause for a job well done.

Zone chat was filled with nothing but Borg talk yesturday during the beginning hours of headstart, and it pleased me to know that administrators were helping people with their problems right on the spot. I've created a Betazoid male Captain (absolutely adore Betazoids), and plan to RP him accordingly...meaning today I need to take some time off from the game to study Betazoid lore in order to be accurate with his name and the way he acts with other Captains in the galaxy. I can only hope to find other role-players who take their RP gameplay as seriously as I do. :)

In conclusion, I see STO going places, and I for one am very pleased that I have made my MMO home with this game. It is an adventure I am dedicated to playing for a very long time.

Once again, good job Cryptic! :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All in all, I agree wholeheartedly. STO is better than I ever expected it to be, and I cant wait to see whats in store for the future :D
    edited January 2010
    It's a very solid game. I still wish it was more immersive, non-combat wise, but overall, it's a really good game.
    edited January 2010
    I have to agree 100%. They responded to the borg bridge officer issue and resolved it fast. They communicate and are changing things based on what the players want (with balance in mind of course). Not many companies do this, which is sad. They seem to genuinely respect Star Trek fans. This is a very intelligent stance and am happy I invested in a lifetime sub. I will spend money in the c-store if they put out some cool things. That's why they offered life time subs. :)
    edited January 2010
    Awesome! I must agree, although im praying for a death penalty to add a little more spice to the tactical side of combat.

BTW whats your in-game name? I'm looking forward to bumping into some spotanious RP.
    edited January 2010
    Bigwig wrote: »
    Awesome! I must agree, although im praying for a death penalty to add a little more spice to the tactical side of combat.

BTW whats your in-game name? I'm looking forward to bumping into some spotanious RP.

My Captain's name is Andrus Elbrun (needed to make sure the name was accurate to Betazoid lore), commanding the USS Diligence, Miranda-Refit =NCC-93038=.

I won't be playing again until Tuesday however, since I'll be using the weekend to study Betazoid lore, and because I want my exclusives damn it! :D But after Tuesday, the journey truly begins. Hope to see you in game, and maybe we can get an RP storyline going.
This discussion has been closed.