test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HMV - Will I get email for life sub and headstart?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I preordered the game from HMV, the exact link listend on the retailers page on STO's official website.
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=0&adultFlag=false&primaryID=0&simpleSearchString=star+trek+online&btnSubmitSearch.x=0&btnSubmitSearch.y=0

I just want to ask, should I be relaxed, knowing that I will get the code so I can get life sub before the offer ends on the 1st Feb?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That's the first time I've ever heard of that company. Are they a mainly UK site?

I'm pretty sure that if you have your receipt for the order you can call up Cryptic and talk to Billing about it.

http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing

Bottom of the page is a UK number, if that is where you are.
    edited January 2010
    thanks,

yeah HMV is a UK only shop that started ages ago selling only music now it does everything like DVDs and Games.
    edited January 2010
    Xenon560 wrote: »
    thanks,

yeah HMV is a UK only shop that started ages ago selling only music now it does everything like DVDs and Games.

Cool. Yeah, give Cryptic's billing a call, can't hurt to call them and see if they can help you. I heard they have been able to help others in the same boat as long as they have their receipt and/or order information.
    edited January 2010
    i have also had a problem getting my headstart key from HMV, i emailed them, and have just received a reply saying that they are unable to give me a code and that they are sorry, even though i had pre ordered, no idea what they expect me to do now, as i cant buy a pre order and headstart key from anyone else now as its too late
    edited January 2010
    Well 3 days before head start I was told by HMV that I'd get my head start code emailed. 2 Days later they said that they'd stopped sending them out on something like the 22nd and I wouldn't be getting one.

I cancelled and got it through Steam instead. As far as I know in the UK only the download sites are still supplying early start keys. Definately won't be using HMV again..
This discussion has been closed.