test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Steam - STO Beta

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Cryptic,

I hope you are aware that the Steam client still names STO as 'Beta'.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    erm... I'd much prefer Cryptic knew about the fact I have to re-download the entire client before I can play again. I could have lived with "Star Trek Online-Beta" compared to this
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you guys are idiots.. I bought from steam but I'm using Cryptic's launcher, and thus only had to download a small 40mb patch. I never run STO through steam, I downloaded it from here (like a real mmo gamer would).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    erm... I'd much prefer Cryptic knew about the fact I have to re-download the entire client before I can play again. I could have lived with "Star Trek Online-Beta" compared to this

It's already been forwarded to the dev team because Full_Metal found the problem, it's in his thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    gabereiser wrote: »
    you guys are idiots.. I bought from steam but I'm using Cryptic's launcher, and thus only had to download a small 40mb patch. I never run STO through steam, I downloaded it from here (like a real mmo gamer would).

Actually, I did the same thing you did... until Steam decided to auto update. Normally I don't mind it doing that, it's very useful--just this time it was a 10gb patch. And I'm the idiot? :P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Deady wrote: »
    Actually, I did the same thing you did... until Steam decided to auto update. Normally I don't mind it doing that, it's very useful--just this time it was a 10gb patch. And I'm the idiot? :P

Nah, going with Valve screwed up when they decided to fix one problem, and caused alot more :(.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol well steam wouldnt connect yesterday so i left it in offline mode or i would probly have that problem too....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    gabereiser wrote: »

Same here, though I don't think name calling was necessary.
    Deady wrote: »

I purchased through Steam as well but didn't have to auto update through Steam. Of course I didn't download it from Steam. Is that why? You downloaded it through Steam instead of just DLing the client from Cryptic?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I bought it from Steam, downloaded it from Steam then changed the STO shortcut to directly run the "Star Trek Online.exe" Just find the steam folder and that path is: Steam\SteamApps\common\star trek online\Star Trek Onine.exe. Once you do that it doesn't start Steam anymore and updates just fine through the game patcher. Just make sure to disable updating for STO in Steam.
This discussion has been closed.