test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Joined trill, after release

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
Will we be able to join our trills after release without starting a new character?
It is a symbiont that is joined anytime in life?

This would make the head start worth wile.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You need to make a new character.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Joined Trill is an entirely separate race option at the character creator.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    shifcane wrote: »
    Will we be able to join our trills after release without starting a new character?
    It is a symbiont that is joined anytime in life?

This would make the head start worth wile.
    To quote the Preorder FAQ
    Q: If a player creates a character during headstart, then enters his retail key at launch (which opens up the exclusives), do pre-existing characters receive the exclusive items and costumes?

A: Yes, except for the Joined Trill.

Q: Can I "install" my exclusive Trill symbiote after I create a different character?

A: No. Trill is a species option players can choose during character creation, not a symbiote they can implant into an existing character after character creation.
    Please read the Preorder FAQ located here... http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It is very unclear. A headstart without the joined trill !!! Are you serious? Creating another character and going thru the firsts missions for a third time? Maybe I'll just play my fee month and leave. This is ridiculous. No one thought of that at cryptic?
    I like the game and all, but I was really looking forward to the headstart ... but now its a headbang!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The preorder bonuses are just that. . . bonuses. Not a single one of us paid specifically for the bonuses; we paid for the game. I don't understand why some people are so upset about having to wait a few days to use them. And I am completely surprised that so many are Surprised that the bonuses aren't available yet.

The devs have been clear on the wait. Visit the preorder FAQ page if you don't believe me.

Just like no one can find Sulu even though the Admiral says he's across the office, L2 read, peoples. :cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Byangchubb wrote: »
    It is very unclear. A headstart without the joined trill !!! Are you serious? Creating another character and going thru the firsts missions for a third time? Maybe I'll just play my fee month and leave. This is ridiculous. No one thought of that at cryptic?
    I like the game and all, but I was really looking forward to the headstart ... but now its a headbang!!

It isn't Cryptic's fault, but rather the publisher and retailers. The head start is a bonus anyway and only lasts for 3 days, so seriously, get over it. Either don't play the head start, try a Klingon, or do the quests for a third time. It's not a big deal.