test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tactical / Science Team

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Even though these space BOFF powers lists that their magnitude is affected by things like Tactical and Science Team Leader, putting points into these skills doesn't seem to affect them at all.

I don't know whether this has been changed and the information is outdated or its bugged. Science Team seems to still be affected by Deflectors but after maxing out Operations it didn't seem to give any kind of boost at all to that stat so I wonder if that may be wonky too.

Any ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm in OB, the engineering team leader did improve the engineering away team I and III (wich i had)...so maybe they bugged it somehow.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Correction, it appears putting points into Science Team Leader does affect Science Team now. Its just the Tactics one that is borked.

Or maybe it affects things I don't see. Who knows.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just so you know, you don't need to put 1 single point in any ground ability. You will still do perfectly fine all the way to max level. You will REALLY want those points for space combat abilities later on.

At this point, there is no respec'ing. So plan carefully.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Double posted for some reason. Ignore this.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    FYI, these skills affect very handy space skills as well.... so don't give advices when you don't even know what he's talking about .

On topic, yes I was wondering the same I have maxed 9 Tactical Team but no benefit on the buff skill, values around 24,24 from 1 to 9.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    voidtarget wrote: »
    FYI, these skills affect very handy space skills as well.... so don't give advices when you don't even know what he's talking about .

On topic, yes I was wondering the same I have maxed 9 Tactical Team but no benefit on the buff skill, values around 24,24 from 1 to 9.

No, they dont. Thats why it says "Affects Ground Abilities". And does not list a single space combat ability. Don't correct me when you obviously have no idea how to read. Tactical team, science team, engi team leader, close combat, etc have 0 to do with anything in space you twit. L2Read.

...................__
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    UNINFORMED BRO FIST

Read this before you open your uninformed mouth again.
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=56922
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Harvest wrote:
    No, they dont. Thats why it says "Affects Ground Abilities". And does not list a single space combat ability. Don't correct me when you obviously have no idea how to read. Tactical team, science team, engi team leader, close combat, etc have 0 to do with anything in space you twit. L2Read.

...................__
    UNINFORMED BRO FIST

Actually wrong. Engineering Team Leader buffs Engineering Team I - the tooltip itself even explains this specifically.

All three of them say so, as a matter of fact. Read them. Actually, Ill help you.

Engineering Team Leader

"This skill improves the Modification Training and Maintenance Training skills of your away team engineering officers. It also improves the Engineering Team ability."

That last bit? Thats a space skill. And yes it does affect it.

Science Team Leader

"This skill improves the Scientific Theory and Scientific Practice skills of your away team science officers. It also improves the Science Team ability."

Same as above. And yes, it does actually affect it.

Tactical Team Leader

"This skill improves the Assault Training and Close Combat training skills of your away team tactical officers. It also improves the Tactical Team ability."

As far as I can tell, this is the only one with no noticeably affect to the space skill.

As for the rest, those three skills also affect your captain skills. Things like Rotate Shield Frequency, Attack Pattern Alpha, these are ALL affected by these, depending on your class choice.

So no, they are not useless, not even a little bit. They give alot of bonuses to a wide range of skills.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Harvest wrote:

...................__
    UNINFORMED BRO FIST

Read this before you open your uninformed mouth again.
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=56922

You are rude and stupid, its you who sould L2Read.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hahaha, Harvest just got owned....