test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hmv

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
sorry guys i wasnt sure where to post this feel free to move it but..

I preordered a minuite before midnight last night (29th jan) but i guess they wont send my head start key till after the weekend is there anyway around this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    sam100255 wrote: »
    I preordered a minuite before midnight last night (29th jan) but i guess they wont send my head start key till after the weekend is there anyway around this?

Yes. Go to the main Startrekonline.com website, and file a ticket with customer support. Have proof-of-purchase ready if they ask for it (e-mail receipt or something).

They've been known to let folks into headstart, if their retailer isn't on the ball.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thanks for the uberfast response will try that out thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    sam100255 wrote: »
    thanks for the uberfast response will try that out thanks

Good luck. Yesterday there was actually a dev on the forums, posting in a thread where folks were talking about lack-of-headstart access...and basically going, 'okay, here, you should be good for headstart now', and 'we've just activated your account', 'you'll be set now', etc.

I don't know how fast they'll be over the weekend, but it's worth a shot. I mean, they have to be working over the weekend, right? ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thanks for you help :) i've sent a ticket and i just hope they get back soon
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I should just point out that HMV have said that anyone who pre-ordered after the 22nd would not be getting a head start key. They even went as far as taken it off the product description.

I never knew about this till Thursday so I cancelled with them and ordered it on Steam instead.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    RedArrowX wrote: »
    I should just point out that HMV have said that anyone who pre-ordered after the 22nd would not be getting a head start key. They even went as far as taken it off the product description.

I never knew about this till Thursday so I cancelled with them and ordered it on Steam instead.

yeah they got me with that. So I binned the order and went with D2D, as I had the beta client. Note that the tickets are not getting answered or at least not fast enough. Yesterday I ran into someone who had been waiting 3 days.

So I found it much easier to cancel the order and go somewhere else.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thanks guys for all the help i've posted a ticket but if you see a dev online send him this way will you

thanks