test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Del Taco Shuttle - Purpose

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I don't want a flame thread. but I got my shuttle and its cool flys with you and all but, what use is it, it doesn't help you in combat, it disappears or is that a bug? I'm little confused.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hell I would be happy if I could use mine >.>
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think it's just a pet, so aesthetics.

-HD
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Itsjust a pet, cosmetic item, bonus for pre-orders so you can look cool..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Whoa!!! How, when, where????

How did you activate it???????

Lots of ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thought Cryptic came out and said all these things were linked to the retail key being added to your account. You have yours already?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It'll come eventually!*

*For 500 cryptic bucks, the Borg costume set! ;p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No purpose at all. It's not something to complain about, seeing as it was free, but if they ever sell this thing in the C-Store, it would be fair to call it a ripoff.

I went into the details in another thread, but suffice it to say that you're very likely to be the only one who ever sees it.. and you kind of have to go out of your way to even do that. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I clamed it off c-store and it worked..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have the stupid greyed out box that says "Can only Claim one per Char." And I havent Claimed it yet...
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Lots of ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thought Cryptic came out and said all these things were linked to the retail key being added to your account. You have yours already?

The shuttle is from del taco promo and doesn't have anything to do with the retail keys
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    cardajowol wrote: »
    I don't want a flame thread. but I got my shuttle and its cool flys with you and all but, what use is it, it doesn't help you in combat, it disappears or is that a bug? I'm little confused.

It's pretty. What is the purpose of a flower?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Where do you input the key code? I don't see anywhere in my accounts page to add the code.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    GlobalTaxi wrote: »
    Where do you input the key code? I don't see anywhere in my accounts page to add the code.

http://www.startrekonline.com/betacard
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    syberghost wrote: »

Oh how I love the, let me count the ways.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Full_Metal wrote: »
    I have the stupid greyed out box that says "Can only Claim one per Char." And I havent Claimed it yet...

You have to click on the Claim button.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Lots of ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

On tjhe right side of the mini map, the last button that looks like a down arrow that when you hover over it says More. Click that. On the drop down menu, choose Visit the C-store. Then choose Special Unlocks. Shuttle pet is listed there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I tried to claim it but the game says only one per char. Well I've never claimed it for my char.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it's just a vanity item and can only be seen in instances and goes away during combat. There is no purpose to it nor is there meant to be. Th worse thing is that it takes up a device slot in your ship.

Not very long before the novelty wears off.

Once you claim it, it appears in your pack as a bound item that has to be added to the ship. I must have clicked it a hundred times to claim, getting the error 'unable to complete transaction (reason not specified ) before I realised it had gone into my pack the very first click.

http://twitpic.com/10fsar/full
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry, maybe I was unclear. I was wondering where you input the Del Taco code. The one I have doesn't seem to work in the "Headstart" key code page. Is there another page or did I get a funked code? The startrekonline/deltaco link on the paper I was given also doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    GlobalTaxi wrote: »
    Sorry, maybe I was unclear. I was wondering where you input the Del Taco code. The one I have doesn't seem to work in the "Headstart" key code page. Is there another page or did I get a funked code? The startrekonline/deltaco link on the paper I was given also doesn't work.

http://www.startrekonline.com/deltaco
  • Options
    edited January 2010

This is why I love the STO forums. Good people. Thank you, the link worked.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just for fun! I got mine!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Lots of ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

since this wasn't a pre-order item it's not connected to retail keys, just the code from del taco.

which would make you think the wrath of kahn uniform would work the same way, but it didn't.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

It is a Pet.. it is ther to look cute and follow you around.. when you enter a fight it goes away as to help prevent lagging.

in any MMO.. you can have a Pet.. in Age of Conan, my Demonologist has 14 pets.. I can only use 1 at a time and when I enter combat, the pet disappears.

Same for any MMO out there..

Or could you image in a game with massive endgame content, which STO will have in future updates, where you have 20 to 40 ships all fighting with 20-40 pets following around.. imagine the lag that would cause just graphically.. throw in the netowrking involved to ship that pet information back and forth to everyone.

It isn't meant to be a permanent fixture or a combat item.

The description is the Del Taco Typoe-8 Shuttlecraft Pet.

Just that.. not combat device or tactical assault shuttle.. but Pet.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Like a lot of other people I claimed mine in ob and now the code doesnt work. From what Ive heard no one has been able to claim the item on more then one character. And sadly if you claimed it in beta that counted as your one time claim ;)

Sure they will figure it out, but after all the posts about the problem still not one response from a dev. Oh well 4 del taco meals later and no little tiny fancy pet shuttle craft oh the tears.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    crankor wrote: »
    Like a lot of other people I claimed mine in ob and now the code doesnt work. From what Ive heard no one has been able to claim the item on more then one character. And sadly if you claimed it in beta that counted as your one time claim ;)

Sure they will figure it out, but after all the posts about the problem still not one response from a dev. Oh well 4 del taco meals later and no little tiny fancy pet shuttle craft oh the tears.

same here, I claimed it in beta and now I can't claim it on my retail toon. It states only 1 per character and not 1 per account so not sure what the deal is. Would love a dev post.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Full_Metal wrote: »

Same exact issue
    Chris70 wrote: »
    You have to click on the Claim button.

The only way he would get that error is if he is hitting the claim button. I know because I have the same exact problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    syberghost wrote: »
    It's pretty. What is the purpose of a flower?

To attract bees to make me honey, and in some cases grow into a tasty fruit that I can eat. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010

... It's a pet, It does nothing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am just mad that we don't have any Del Taco's close to where I live, closest one is like a 4 hour drive north, it's kind of uncool that they don't have other areas in the rest of the states, countries to allow us the Del Taco goodness.

But that's my only complaint. If anybody has a spare code they wouldn't mind messaging me with, that would be sweet.
This discussion has been closed.