test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My pending Bridge Officers have vanished

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I received a BO from a quest. I accepted it, it went to Assignments, I looked at it (it was green), but wasn't ready to use it yet, so I let it sit.

A few lvls later, I got another, this one was blue. I accepted it, went to Assignments to look at it, and not only was it gone, but the other was gone too. I went to Requisitions, bought one, it showed up in my inventory. I right clicked, selected Commission, checked Assignments and it wasn't there.

I'm down 3 officers: 1 store bought, 1 green, and one blue. I'm about to hit Lt Cmdr, need a 4th officer, and can't get one.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    the 4th officer i was to get at lvl 6 didn't show up there either.

though i'm glad i figured how they changed it from beta overall. used to be Boffs showed up in empty slots automatically, but not anymore. took me a while to figure out lolz.
    edited January 2010
    Me too. :(
    edited January 2010
    3 people in my fleet have this problem. One has lost 5 BO's total, trying to get to their 4th. They kept buying, hoping it would be different.
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I lost one from a quest too...

I went to report it, but there was already a bug report for it, so I just affirmed that one...

Saw several people chatting about the same thing happening to them as well... I assume Cryptic will be on it...
    edited January 2010
    This has been happening to my wife an I all night also
    edited January 2010
    What makes me sad is that it's highly likely we'll just be screwed out of them, punished for doing the head start. Cryptic wasn't particularly merciful to us in the ChO head start when we ran into bugs where we lost stuff.
    edited January 2010
    same bug here.

my last science officer vanished into thin air.

too bad because he had polarize hull plating, good thing they are cheap at this stage huh.

after you assign him, he should go into a slot.
    edited January 2010
    My brother had this problem, too.
    edited January 2010
    maybe its a limit based ont he ship your on...how many candidates you can have....definitely looks like a bug...but i will wait until im in my cruiser
    edited January 2010
    maybe its a limit based ont he ship your on...how many candidates you can have....definitely looks like a bug...but i will wait until im in my cruiser

So my fleet mate has lost 2 from quests, plus 2 from levels, never had one show up on Assignments. He's at 0 and never gone to even 1.
    edited January 2010
    Just happened to me as well, any ideas of a fix?
    edited January 2010
    I thought I didnt get my forth one too .. but after i zoned into sol station ( was going to talk to the admiral personaly to see if that got me my officer ) she showed up in the waitting to be accepted page .

could of just been lagg , or i needed to zone a few times . Either way I have gotten all 4 of my officers from quest .
    edited January 2010
    This is a widespread issue. Also have this..quests..haven't bought because I hoped to god I'd get one from quests/leveling...
    edited January 2010
    My Tactical Captain didn't get her first BO, from the quest/mission in tutorial's USS Kitomah. Had to do the Kits part of the Tutorial with a generic 'Security'.

My main had a spare Betazoid Science Officer from a quest, so I posted it & this one did show in my 'Assignments' tab, but took about 5 attempts to Commission before the BO joined the crew. I put that last part down to lag though.
    edited January 2010
    Ditto. Three awol bridge officers. I was hoping to get some use out of them before firing them in a few days or weeks.

Think they been more busy with this bull@#$% release some preorder stuff today, and some preorder stuff due to come in on tuesday.

Hmmm tuesday... that sorta rings bell...

P.S. From a customer service standpoint. Releasing some preorder items at different times was a completely stupid idea. You were asking for a flood of "Hey wheres my @#$%" with that idea. If all the preorder stuff came on the same day it would have been a smooth launch. Instead someone had the idea of "hey lets flood our customer service respresentatives with questions on "missing" stuff."
    edited January 2010
    Lcmd LVl 5 Still onlyu got my first bridge crew.
    edited January 2010
    This is not a bug but does not notify you that you can not have another officer at your level. I learned to not accept the officer until I had another opening for an officer.
    edited January 2010
    RexcGarvin wrote:
    This is not a bug but does not notify you that you can not have another officer at your level. I learned to not accept the officer until I had another opening for an officer.

Well i had an open tac officer slot and the reward tac officer dissapeared and did not go to my assignment tab. So yes its a bug.
    edited January 2010
    Winter33 wrote:
    Well i had an open tac officer slot and the reward tac officer dissapeared and did not go to my assignment tab. So yes its a bug.

Ive never had that problem but your probably correct.
    edited January 2010
    RexcGarvin wrote:

How would that be so? Since you can use the officer and train skills from it to your existing ones. I would say it's very much a bug. The BO's SHOULD after accepting them end up in your Assignments tab. But most of them does not and just vanish instead. This has happened since the beginning of open beta.
    edited January 2010
    I had this happen to me in OB. I had 0 officers. I had to open a ticket every time I got one as a reward because they were never in my assignments tab.
    edited January 2010
    I actually never had this happen to me, until now, when it counts :(
    edited January 2010
    Any chance a dev can comment on this? I know you don't know what's doing it, but do you know what you're going to do once you fix it? Are those of us who lost all the rare officers just screwed, or will you reset them like you did in OB and give us a stack of random ones to compensate for the loss?
This discussion has been closed.