test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server keep disconnecting me and lags

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
i keep getting disconnects on the game. this is like the 30th time i try to log in. this is very frustrating and i got the open beta experience all over again. :mad: i made a support ticket and no GM responded.

am i the only one here that get multiple disconnects?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i have the same problem, sometimes it disconnects when loading after character and others it gets stuck connecting to the game servers or fails to connect to it.

any ideas anyone?
    edited January 2010
    I logged into the game about 6:30 PM EST. Took a little bit to first get in and create my toon. While playing the tutorial, every time I warped to the different sectors I was disconnected and had to log back in. Kept getting the Disconnected from Log In Server or log in timed out. I realize that this is head start and not the actual game launch however they tested a Queue System which I have not seen here. Are the servers not fully up and able to handle the traffic yet? I paid my Lifetime sub today. I hope this is not a prequel for what we can expend on launch day.
    edited January 2010
    I haven't had any problems like this and I've been playing for several hours consistently now. The only error I got was a "Server Not Responding" error but even that did not disconnect me.
    edited January 2010
    Kasidy wrote:
    I haven't had any problems like this and I've been playing for several hours consistently now. The only error I got was a "Server Not Responding" error but even that did not disconnect me.

Then the problem is not hitting everyone, but I'm getting kicked out every time I leave a system. Gonna give it a rest as I loved playing on Open Beta and I never had these problems.

Hope it's better tomorrow.

J
    edited January 2010
    Same problem as OP
    edited January 2010
    Same deal. Never once did I have a disconnect in OB. Now, I can't stay connected more than 5 minutes. This is crazy.
    edited January 2010
    Kasidy wrote:

I've been getting this message to no end, and get kicked to the login screen with "Disconnected from Server" every forty-five seconds or so after login. This is extremely frustrating, because I'm always in the middle of editing the costumes of one of my Bridge Officers, and the changes don't stick. The server stability needs to be addressed. Now.

I paid $300 for a Steam Digital Deluxe Edition and a lifetime subscription. I feel entitled to being able to play my game for longer than a minute at a time.
    edited January 2010
    I am having the same issue I get a "disconnected from server" message every 2 minutes and lag is terrible plus I keep getting knocked offline like you guys. If this is what happens right before the launch I hate to imagine what its going to be like when thousands and thousands of more players try to login its already a terrible pain to try and play. im not looking forward to the chaos after feb. 2nd
    edited January 2010
    wow, 70+ reconnects. and still no answer...
    edited January 2010
    i keep getting disconnects on the game. this is like the 30th time i try to log in. this is very frustrating and i got the open beta experience all over again. :mad: i made a support ticket and no GM responded.

am i the only one here that get multiple disconnects?

Have you tried reinstalling Windows?
    edited January 2010
    Daireishi wrote:

there is nothing wrong with windows...

this is still happening... can any cryptic representative respond? i have submitted a support ticket and got no response from it.
    edited January 2010
    I had similar issues when I was logging in using the EU proxy server. Since I changed the setting to 'none' (in options on the launcher screen) I've had fewer problems.
    edited January 2010
    I've been getting this message to no end, and get kicked to the login screen with "Disconnected from Server" every forty-five seconds or so after login. This is extremely frustrating, because I'm always in the middle of editing the costumes of one of my Bridge Officers, and the changes don't stick. The server stability needs to be addressed. Now.

I paid $300 for a Steam Digital Deluxe Edition and a lifetime subscription. I feel entitled to being able to play my game for longer than a minute at a time.

Buyer Beware. Are you insane for paying for a lifetime sub, for a subpar beta game? You just paid to further beta test STO. Most of the gamebreaking issues and bad development choices still exist within this game, and this is supposed to be final product now.

Gotta be something wrong with someone who moves ahead blindly to toss $300 at this company.
    edited January 2010
    Daireishi wrote:

Biggest re-tard quote of the day there. Wtf does reinstalling windows have to do with disconnects in this game? lol

That's a pretty extreme step to have to take, one of which I've NEVER heard anyone come up with, until now.
    edited January 2010
    Yep.

I'm getting frequent server not responding messages. There's, simply, no reply from the server for a couple seconds at a time and everything freezes.. then catches back up with warping/rubberbanding.
    edited January 2010
    this is beginning to pee me off now, the lag is making the game unplayable
    edited January 2010
    Same here, disconnects galore and lag. Is this their first game? LMFAO, they should have had this sorted.
    Just like in Beta, "we didn't expect the crowd..." etc, this is nonsense
    edited January 2010
    RazorX70 wrote:
    Buyer Beware. Are you insane for paying for a lifetime sub, for a subpar beta game? You just paid to further beta test STO. Most of the gamebreaking issues and bad development choices still exist within this game, and this is supposed to be final product now.

Gotta be something wrong with someone who moves ahead blindly to toss $300 at this company.

i am considering dropping STO all together ...
    edited January 2010
    Obviously there is something wrong with the server. Be patient...take a break, go play somehting else. I haven't been able to stay connected for more than 10 minutes today. I really am trying not to go crazy and lash out at Cyptic. Hopefully, someone there willl post what they are doing. The Login server is jammed up and who knows what else is going on.
    edited January 2010
    Daireishi wrote:

Really?

Reinstall Windows to fix a connection issue to a server of a newly launched MMO?

Are you insane or just stupid?
    edited January 2010
    Kaiserfu wrote: »
    Obviously there is something wrong with the server. Be patient...take a break, go play somehting else. I haven't been able to stay connected for more than 10 minutes today. I really am trying not to go crazy and lash out at Cyptic. Hopefully, someone there willl post what they are doing. The Login server is jammed up and who knows what else is going on.

then what is the point of headstart? another pay for beta testing? i am getting too much doubts about this game because it has gotten worse at this stage. not even a GM is responding to my support ticket. this just proves their quality of customer service is TRIBBLE at this point.

my hopes for cryptic is just falling apart.
    edited January 2010
    The strange thing for me is that last night the connection was fine. Now today after patch....... Wonder what they did - if anything
This discussion has been closed.