test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Ground Autofire???

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I hope this is a bug as i didn't see anything about it in the patch notes but please get this back in ASAP!!!

all beta you could auto fire on the ground, seriously why remove it now???
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    They took the ground autofire ability in the large patch during closed beta.
    edited January 2010
    Abradax wrote:

And they should add it right back in.
    edited January 2010
    Abradax wrote:

did they? did i run that few ground missions in OB?

Could have sworn that the bolt setting would auto fire in open beta,,,,
    edited January 2010
    One of the last patches borked it. It worked if you had it set before, but new characters couldn't. Bugged it then, bugging it again on live.
    edited January 2010
    It would for most of OB, it was only in the last patch it was removed. However if you had it set to autofire before the last OB patch it still worked till they closed the beta down. of course now we all have new characters so it's not working for anyone.
    edited January 2010
    Good god this is annoying, I have enough time to come here while i leave my team to kill people,,,,,,

I feel sorry for those that had this issue before....
    edited January 2010
    Ground combat sucked before with autofire now without it is unbearable! FIX THIS NOW CRYPTIC!!!
    edited January 2010
    I miss this too. I used it throughout OB. Makes ground combat more enjoyable.
    edited January 2010
    dafdemon wrote: »
    Ground combat sucked before with autofire now without it is unbearable! FIX THIS NOW CRYPTIC!!!

Agree. I hate to complain, but really, mashing the "1" key does nothing but wear out my keyboard and cause long term damage to my hand (I should know, I've suffered RSI and the like before). Cryptic, this is seriously a stupid thing to remove.
    edited January 2010
    I encourage everyone to bug report this in-game.
    edited January 2010
    metafour wrote: »
    I encourage everyone to bug report this in-game.

I would if I could actually log in. I can only log in for 5 min before I'm disconnected from the server. Very annoying however if I could stay logged in long enough to engage in ground combat the lack of an auto-fire would be the next most annoying thing.

I'm being patient though. I'm sure Cryptic is working very hard to make this game a success. I'm sure everyone has a lot on their plate right now.
    edited January 2010
    This could be related. I have experienced and heard others complianing in game but the 1, 2, 3 keys just stop firing your weapons, only way to fire is to click them.

Maybe its the trade off for not having the skills diisappear from the power tray
    edited January 2010
    Abradax wrote:

Not right, I had it all open beta..

***edit***
    Read about the patch that removed it, never made a new character after that patch so I guess thats why I had it still =)
    edited January 2010
    Chenchuan wrote: »
    This could be related. I have experienced and heard others complianing in game but the 1, 2, 3 keys just stop firing your weapons, only way to fire is to click them.

Maybe its the trade off for not having the skills diisappear from the power tray

I had this problem when the auto fire quit working in OB....except for a short period where I could only press 1 and clicking did not work...
    edited January 2010
    When I found out you could autofire in open beta it was a godsend. It allows you to get more involved in the combat and actually watch what is going on rather than looking at cooldowns on a hotbar or just keymashing.

Please bring it back !
    edited January 2010
    And while you're on it implement auto fire for all ship beam weapons finally.
    edited January 2010
    well, it happened finaly....

After massive abuse and untold stress my poor keyboard's spacebar finally gave up. Fortunately as a total computer geek, I have a number of computers this is not a hassle but if this is going to happen every two or three weeks of play....

Autofire, it makes sense.

Seriously, who thinks spamming a spacebar adds to the overall gameplay experience?

Who thinks it seriously adds to RSI?

Its not even a huge upgrade but it would smooth the game aspects for a lot of people, using it should still be optional but I cant see people skipping it entirely.
    edited January 2010
    I have one of these:

http://www.wolfmanzbytes.com/pc/n52speedpad/n52backlg.jpg

Autofire macros, here I come.
    edited January 2010
    Whoever, over at cryptic studios, thought removing this was a good idea should be fired and replaced by someone more competent. perhaps a trained monkey.

seriously: WTF?

Bring back ground autofire.
    edited January 2010
    Tamsyn wrote:
    When I found out you could autofire in open beta it was a godsend. It allows you to get more involved in the combat and actually watch what is going on rather than looking at cooldowns on a hotbar or just keymashing.

Please bring it back !

This hits the nail on the head.

Did they really remove it in Beta? I must have done all space missions after that or something then. It's a terrible change, can't believe someone thought this would be a good idea.

Change it back, ground missions are craptastic without it.
    edited January 2010
    Yes, please give us back the auto-fire option for ground combat.
    edited January 2010
    What a crippling bug. I basically don't want to play any ground missions anymore. Fix this bug! It was working all the way through open beta!

Everyone make sure to submit a bug report for it!
This discussion has been closed.