test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic; Please answer this Borg Captain Question... (very easy)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I know the Borg Captains don't work for lifers yet...

But please answer this question so everyone will be nice and wait....

If you make a character right now, once the Borg captain deal with available in the C-Store... can you apply this to your current character. A-lot of people are under the impression that they can't make a character yet and are waiting for this to be available. Is this correct? I think this might clear up a lot of the confusion on the forums and in IRC.

Please take a moment and answer this question for the community.
Thanks Guys for all your hard work!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I am curious as well although still at work lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    vipeness wrote: »

But please answer this question so everyone will be nice and wait....

If you make a character right now, once the Borg captain deal with available in the C-Store... can you apply this to your current character. A-lot of people are under the impression that they can't make a character yet and are waiting for this to be available. Is this correct? I think this might clear up a lot of the confusion on the forums and in IRC.

Please take a moment and answer this question for the community.
    Thanks Guys for all your hard work!

there would be way too much code involved for them to do that....
    so the answer is no.

they are to busy getting the code they already wrote to work with thousands of people hitting it at once...they have no time to write new code that will crash when thousands more run it...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You will not be able to "apply" a borg to your captain. Borg's have specific race traits, and there is nothing in game that would allow you to switch them. Same reason nobody can switch to a joined trill.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

If you make a character right now, once the Borg captain deal with available in the C-Store... can you apply this to your current character.

If you make a human character, later when you activate borg, you can then make a borg. It will not make your human character borg, you will have to start over with the borg.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    A: The Liberated Borg begins with the following two traits. You can select another two traits from a general list.

Borg Nanites: +10% Health Regeneration
    Description: Ground Trait. Constantly regenerates shields and health.

Efficient: +5 Starship Shield Efficiency, +5 Starship Engine Efficiency, +5 Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency, +5 Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency
    Description: Space Trait. Provides a bonus to efficiency stats, improving the effectiveness of many of your power management abilities.

The Liberated Borg also has a unique optional trait.

Neural Blast: 30 second debuff. Drastically reduces run speed. Every 4 seconds, Neural Blast has a 40% chance to hold the target for 3 seconds.
    Description: Activatable Ground Trait. Inject the target with neural toxins, which continually attempt to hold the target for the duration. Also reduces the target's movement speed

This is from the FAQ.

No it isn't a skin. It is a race you select at the start of the game. It is like picking Human or Andorian. Which means, until they unlock it, any time we spend in game playing is wasted on a character we have no intention of leveling.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    so the answer is no.

they are to busy getting the code they already wrote to work with thousands of people hitting it at once...they have no time to write new code that will crash when thousands more run it...

from my understanding... it's just a skin... just like cryptic said... login in, create a character, then go to c-store and get the borg character.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They already said they would not do this for Joined Trill characters so it won't happen for the Borg characters either.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    so the answer is no.

too much code... lol they are programmers... they eat code for breakfast. I happen to work with 20 programmers and I know what they can do. There is never a " No we can't situation. "
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    from my understanding... it's just a skin... just like cryptic said... login in, create a character, then go to c-store and get the borg character.

It's not a skin. You login and claim it so that you can logout and make one at character creation.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

its not just a skin..it has abilities tied to it.
    IF u logged in and unlocked in from Cstore...the toon u log in as would not be borg. merely unlocks the option for the next toon u create.
This discussion has been closed.