test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else not playing planning a Borg or Trill?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I'll have access to both a Borg and Joined Trill character, but I'm thinking of playing something else.

Just from reading the forums, it appears that everyone is going to make one or the other.

Am I the only one not planning on playing one of those races?

This isn't meant to be a poll. However, I can see how it might be considered to be one. If it is considered to be such by the GMs and Devs, my apologies. I didn't intend to break the rules.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Vulcan 4 Evah, yo.

I don't get what's so great about being a Borg. You don't even get to assimilate anyone, or scoop entire civilizations off of the faces of planets, or any cool Borg stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to make a human and use my Trill for an alt or something.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am not playing either of those races (and I don't have the option to), but I really feel for those people who don't get to particpate in head start because of the issues with those 2 races.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MinosOne wrote:

This isn't meant to be a poll. However, I can see how it might be considered to be one. If it is considered to be such by the GMs and Devs, my apologies. I didn't intend to break the rules.

No use saying sorry to Cyptic, they don't know what it means.

As for the characters, I would be playing a Joined Trill, except I was sold a Headstart Bonus and a Joined Trill bonus but it would seem I'm not allowed to use them both.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Don't get to participate in head start? I know I'm not getting the Trill until after headstart, but I can still use headstart to get to work on the Klingon side. I'd hardly call that "not being able to participate"... my main just comes online later.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    skylatron wrote:
    I am not playing either of those races (and I don't have the option to), but I really feel for those people who don't get to particpate in head start because of the issues with those 2 races.

They can too participate! it's called "Make a different character"!

So much drama in the LBC...

Today, that stands for liberated borg collective ;D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Akril wrote: »
    No use saying sorry to Cyptic, they don't know what it means.

If that is the case, I'll live with the consequences and learn from the experience.

I'm kind of new to the STO forums, and it seems like every game has its own rules and interpretation thereof.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    shagomir wrote: »

Its kind of hard being...

Great quote.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I ordered the preorder with the joined trill, but I'm not playing one. I might play one some time down the road, but not right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was planning on using the Borg but Cryptic has other ideas
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    waiting to make my trill, ive made enough characters in cbt/obt to bother making one now just for the sake of the head start.

If the exploration/pvp stuff was not bind on pickup i would spend my time farming items that way for my character, but they are so there is really nothing to do but wait.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to play an alien starfleet until launch day, at which point my joined trillgon will begin in Qu'nos.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    shagomir wrote: »
    They can too participate! it's called "Make a different character"!

That is true, but some people are going to feel that that paid extra for access to these characters, AND they paid for headstart. I'm not saying I completely agree, but I do feel for them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ima be a human just like every starfleet captain ever seemed to be. Probably do the standard vulcan at science station or equivilant. It might be fun to make a vulcan bruiser with just ground combat skills.
    "Spock Smash!!"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    its almost like you guys are implying its fun to just play an mmo. Thats crazyness, mmos have necessarily worse mechanics than smaller scale games. Its only fun to gain power and make everyone around you look puny and insignificant!

And i cant do that with out my min/maxed joined trill. If my calculations are right, it will give me an extra power point over any other character!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You're not alone.

Unfortunately I can't get on just yet as I am still stuck at work. But like Shagomir, I am planning to roll a Vulcan (actually half-Vulcan) for my primary character. My Joined Trill will be rolled on the Klingon side on release day and my Borg can wait until they are no longer the FotM.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Waiting for my Trill to open before playing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    You're not alone.

Unfortunately I can't get on just yet as I am still stuck at work. But like Shagomir, I am planning to roll a Vulcan (actually half-Vulcan) for my primary character. My Joined Trill will be rolled on the Klingon side on release day and my Borg can wait until they are no longer the FotM.

I'm at work too. Thought about taking the day off, but based on my past experience with other MMOs, I figured this wouldn't go smoothly.

I'm debating what to make. The last full night of Beta, I spent a lot of time with the race creator, and I made some characters that I liked the looks of. However, I made a human that I was happy with as well. We'll see.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It might be fun to make a Vulcan bruiser with just ground combat skills.
    "Spock Smash!!"

Hey! That's me.

The easiest way to describe my concept for Blackavaar is that he is a cross between Kirk and Spock. He has Kirk's brazen attitude and combative prowess tempered by Spock's logical wisdom and scientific knowledge.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    i did the collectors edition pre-order thinking that the TNG and DS9 uniforms would be cool to have, but after playing with so many combinations of the new styles, it's going to be hard to even bother playing with the collectors edition uniforms. but at least I get a snazzy book and communicator pin to stick on my backpack.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was really hoping for some sort of pre-created aliens races in the "Unknown" section, i.e. I wanted to play a Cardassian and be called a Cardassian, not an Unknown.

Otherwise, I was going to play a hottie Andorian, but I think I'll just have a Andorian Bridge Officer instead.
This discussion has been closed.