test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else have steam updating?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was playing the game just fine, got kicked out, then tried to restart it, and steam started a several hour download/update? Am I the only one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No you're certainly not the only one, Steam seems to be removing the Beta client and then downloading the full game client for many, if not all, steam users (including me :( )
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same here, sitting at 28% and swearing my TRIBBLE off....... its downloading at 508kb/sec so it will take a while... its almost a good thing that i have to leave soon and will not be back for about 1.5 hours... maybe it will be about done by then
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes, myself as well... I was playing, got kicked, and now have a 10 gigabyte 'update' via both steam, and if I try to run the game without steam it patches in the STO updater as well. Is there going to be a fix for this, I wonder... I'm really not happy about having to download the whole client again when I was playing as little as 2 hours ago.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    me and my friend both have steam accounts. We got the game up and running fine just after launch then he restarted his computer about 1/2 an hour after launch and had the same problem. if your running a steam copy I'd recommend not shutting it all the way down as you will have to effectivly reinstall the whole thing.

Steam droppped the ball big time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Steam is downloading an update for me as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wish I would have seen this before I bought mine through steam.........
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hotsix wrote: »
    I was playing the game just fine, got kicked out, then tried to restart it, and steam started a several hour download/update? Am I the only one?

Simple search yielded:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88593
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same problem here w/steam. I logged into the game when headstart opened just to check everything was OK, went off to cook some dinner and watch TV, come back and steam is ****ing downloading the whole game again. Who the **** do I invoice for this wasted bandwidth /ragequit :mad::mad: (lol)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    rxbyte wrote: »
    Who the **** do I invoice for this wasted bandwidth /ragequit :mad::mad: (lol)

Send the bill to STEAM and CC it to Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jokes aside, if tens of thousands of peeps on Steam are now all re-downloading 10gb's..... way to cain the Internet Cryptic/Steam :eek: The IETF needs to bring the smack down lol. Ah well nothing that can be done just kick back and watch the % meter :/
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I did a few 50+MB patches and everything is fine. I dunno why people would delete their game clients. I am on STEAM no big downloads no problems at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Remember, next time launch STO right from the directory, bypass Steam.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bodean wrote:

I love these helpful answers. Ah yes the simple search. Seeing as how the forums only just came back up when I posted, and I didn't see any steam related posts in the forums yet. But I appreciate all your help. Go be helpful somewhere else. I'm sure there is another forum poster somewhere making what you deem a mistake, and if you hurry, you might be able to stop them and save the day. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.