test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liberated Borg character do the 'arm combadge' animation

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
When a Liberated Borg character signals his or her commbadge -- for transport, for example -- the combadge isn't tapped. Instead, they do the NPC 'arm signal' animation. It would be better if these characters tapped the commbadge instead.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    why? the klingons use the wrist badge to teleport, feds use the badge on chest, Borg in the series never taped anything, but thiers many ways to teleport signal send so i dont see a problem the way it is now :)
    edited January 2010
    Vhadur wrote:
    why? the klingons use the wrist badge to teleport, feds use the badge on chest, Borg in the series never taped anything, but thiers many ways to teleport signal send so i dont see a problem the way it is now :)

Because these are starfleet officers and they're wearing commbadges. Klingons use the wrist badge on the TNG shows.

The point is, this is clearly a bug. :)
    edited January 2010
    Did you report the bug?
    edited January 2010
    Borg typically have comm implants and they're implanted in their large posterior muscles which is why they never sit. If they need to activate their comm, they bend slightly at the waist and slap their rear. ;)
    edited January 2010
    Deathria wrote:
    Did you report the bug?

I did and the response I got was:

We are sorry for the confusion with the liberated borg playable character, but it appears the issue is resolved. Claiming the liberated borg at character creation...

I kinda shook my head but I can't really fault given the volume of griping yesterday. I'll rebug it in a week or so to see if I can get a response that is a little more 'on topic'.

To any who are trying to justify what is likely an incorrect animation I'll just remind you that canonically both Captain Picard (TNG: Best of Borh Worlds I/II) and Seven of Nine (VGR: Scorpion) are liberated Borg and both utilize their comm-badges after being being torn from the collective.

So stick that in your posterior muscles. BAM.
    edited January 2010
    Everyone in your group. BO's and any NPC's all hit the wrist and not the chest. It just looks wrong to me.
    edited January 2010
    I noticed that as well.

I will do a bug report next time I am in. My Comm badge is on my chest so...

Cheers!
    Commie_Canuck :)
    edited January 2010
    I know it makes no sense to have, but I like the tapping of the "armband" as opposed to the combadge.
    edited January 2010
    I like it. Something else "different" about the liberated borg character, I hope it stays.
This discussion has been closed.