test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lfg

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Ten Forward
Hello everybody. I am looking for a fleet. Before you say "Hey join us" (I'm looking at you Aurora), read what I am looking for in a fleet.

I was looking for a fleet I can do a some roleplaying in, and have already brainstormed a backstory (My main will be a joined Trill who commands from the auxiliary control room of his starship since the previous host was killed when a torpedo struck the bridge.) I want more than just roleplaying though. Having to speak in character ALL the time is a bit annoying, and I only want to join a fleet where I can also take part in out of character banter when I don't feel like roleplaying.

I plan to play the Federation as my main, but I do want to have a Klingon captain at one point, and as soon as the Romulans are added as a playable faction (it will happen, to not do so would be financial suicide for Cryptic) I am jumping ship, so I am looking for a fleet that isn't xenophobic

The most important factor for me though is that the fleet has to be laid back. Remember, it's only a game.

Anyone know any fleets like that I can checkout?
I am willing to field questions if you want to ask me more about what I am looking for.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I get the feeling we're gonna see a lot of Joined Trill's in the RP world :P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmmmm very interesting post. I myself love the RP element of games. I ran a huge RP server back in the day on GTA:SA SAMP we hit 200+ users everyday.

I know allot about rping, and in-game i hope to keep FLEET chat to a RP level, obviously with some OOC chat aswell.

But by all means i wish to promote RP and if ya feel like rpin just join a few of the guys in a RP group and have some fun.

check it out, maybe you will like it. http://www.newgensto.org
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Carltronus wrote:
    I get the feeling we're gonna see a lot of Joined Trill's in the RP world :P

That's not my fault, and not my problem. I was planning on doing a Joined Trill from the start. I had a name picked out for my character before they even announced the DDE bonuses. I plan to have both a Tactical and a Science officer (the Trill will be the tactical, and I haven't decided on the Science officer, a Vulcan would be to obvious and stereotypical) though the Tactical will likely be my main.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Anyone?
    Bueler? Bueler?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey there,

I have also been planning to rp with my main being my joined trill. I have a friend of mine who is also going to be primarily playing a trill. Love to get a fleet together. (maybe a fleet of joined trills :p ) unfortunately still need more than 2 people to make a fleet or I wouldve already made one and had a fleet to offer as your home.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So, I decided. In order to keep in touch with my buddies from Beta. I remade my unjoined Trill from Open. He's my Science Officer: Selin Perim. I haven't written a bio yet since I was hoping to jump into the game. Maybe I can unlock the Klingons before release.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is no one recruiting?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    While we aren't actively recruiting at the moment, Halcyon Epsilon Fleet seems like a place you would probably enjoy quite a bit.

We're very into immersive story telling, be it with solo-written and co-op posts on our forum, as well as meeting up in game for RP opportunities. Our main goal however, is to have a good time, so there's no forcing people to RP at all times (we do expect a certain level of participation on the forums where we can keep track of activity), our private channel is for all OOC talk whenever anyone feels the need, and we don't take ourselves too seriously at all.

Our fleet has been established since May of last year, and has gone though a number of roster changes as the officers have cleared out the inactives over time. We might even have more slots opening up (we like to keep things relatively small, believing in quality over quantity) in the near future as trial periods end with some of our newer members.

Even if we don't have a slot open any time soon, we welcome all role players and writers to come hang out with us on our forums, and in our Steam chat room. Swing by, read some stories, share some of your own in our non-member posting section, maybe even arrainge some co-ops with our members who are happy to play with other people, or just come by for some fun conversations.

If any of this seems interesting to you at all, come check us out at http://halcyonepsilon.guildportal.com/ or get in touch with us in the game. Good luck in finding yourself a place to call home in STO, and hope to see you around the galaxy! ^^
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Whats up with the limit on alts?
    Do you believe that caracter development is the same thing as time spent playing that character? Is it even required to roleplay ALL alts?

As I said before. I'd like to have the chance to roleplay some, but I don't want it to get in the way of actually playing the game when I want to. I'm concerned the alt limit would interfere with me actuaally enjoying myself since I suspect it would prevent me from just hopping into a klingon character or my fed alt when I want to mix things up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Anyone with roleplaying that won't tell me that I can only have 2 Fed characters and no aliens?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    To The Top