test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Real Life Picture Thread!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LadyMcCoy wrote: »
    OMG you met Leonard Nimroy! You are so lucky! (also you look great, far better then I did in any of my photos with celebrities!)
    In August next year William Shatner is coming to Australia so I will be meeting him then, even if I have to sell my soul to get tickets (who wants to buy a soul... never used!) but I have yet to meet anyone from TOS at this point in time.

I have personally met Karl Urban (twice) who played Dr McCoy in ST2009 (also featured in my avatar!) and Dominic Keating (Lt. Malcolm Reed) from Enterprise, but no one else yet.

Both my costumes were made using the original patterns from the original episodes!
    The Red shirt one in my other picture I won some competition for it and got a free dinner, comic books and stuff. The only thing that wasn't original was the phaser because at the time I didn't have a TOS phaser. Its a ST2009 one but its works!
    Of course after I flew interstate to see Karl for the second time, I bought with me a TOS phaser, so now my uniforms are as close as I probably can ever get...

And you should get yourself a trek uniform! I wear mine even when NOT going to conventions! Going Shopping with a phaser! fun times... :D

Deforest Kelley's McCoy was and is my favorite Star Trek character of all time. And I really did like Karl's McCoy from ST2009. ( i think I just like McCoy...) In my opinion he was the best part of the new movie and should have gotten more screen time! I liked Pine's Kirk but not as a Kirk, but in a 'his just as a guy who turns out to be captain' kinda way... as there can only be one Shatner of course! :D

Oh and everyone who was saying I was going to shoot you... yea totally, phaser set to Stun...
    oops I meant Kill! Dammit!

I acutally do have a trek uniform and one of the corset's (someone has it as their avatar in these forums). But a friend told me that Leonard likes a women who dresses up in a nice dress, so I wore a really cute little brown dress to show off some legs with a cute pair of boots. I will never forget the moment, he watched me walk up to him with a big smile on his face and he held me so tightly! I was swooning even though he is old, he is still plenty attractive.

I never did get to meet Bones but would have loved that. I've gotten a hug from Scotty, Checkov and I have autographs from Kirk, Sulu, Rand but am missing Uhura and Bones (sadly). I also have almost all the next gen and voyager autographs.

I met Robert Duncan McNiel here in my hometown one night. I was walking to a bar and there he was! I told him where we gonna be and he showed up. He even rode in my car while we stopped at Dunkins and I drove my friend home. I had him dancing to the YMCA song. LOL
    edited May 2010
    Chat wrote:
    They say the camera adds 10 pounds.
    But standing next to an old guy takes off 20 years. :)

Would have guessed 30-35.

Thank you :)
    edited May 2010
    Heh we come in all ages around here

and maturity levels. :p
    edited May 2010
    Onisius wrote:
    and maturity levels. :p

And what levels?

I don't follow. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2010
    Akaara wrote: »
    I acutally do have a trek uniform and one of the corset's (someone has it as their avatar in these forums). But a friend told me that Leonard likes a women who dresses up in a nice dress, so I wore a really cute little brown dress to show off some legs with a cute pair of boots. I will never forget the moment, he watched me walk up to him with a big smile on his face and he held me so tightly! I was swooning even though he is old, he is still plenty attractive.

I never did get to meet Bones but would have loved that. I've gotten a hug from Scotty, Checkov and I have autographs from Kirk, Sulu, Rand but am missing Uhura and Bones (sadly). I also have almost all the next gen and voyager autographs.

I met Robert Duncan McNiel here in my hometown one night. I was walking to a bar and there he was! I told him where we gonna be and he showed up. He even rode in my car while we stopped at Dunkins and I drove my friend home. I had him dancing to the YMCA song. LOL

you're very fortunate to have met all them folks. Sounds like you have plenty of stories to share. I'm no good meeting celebrity types. Not assertive and tend to get intimidated by crowds of excited people.
    edited May 2010
    MGDawson wrote: »
    hoe old are you again? like Chat, you look 16 !

*hides in case of bad response*

16? That's older than I usually get lol. But I is 21 and like 4 days lol.
    edited May 2010
    Are you a Sailor Moon fan Erica?
    edited May 2010
    Yes. Ish. I'm a fan of making fun of it.
    edited May 2010
    nothing wrong with Sailormoon. A little on the young side as far as material goes. meh, start the kids off on the right foot.
    edited May 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    nothing wrong with Sailormoon. A little on the young side as far as material goes. meh, start the kids off on the right foot.

I thought the pokemans were the starting block (since they axed Looney Toons)? For me it was Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop that got me started, but I'm very picky when it comes to anime, not all are created equal. :p
    edited May 2010
    yes well Dragonball Z pretty much put me off any anime forever. Some screaming blonde-haired supposedly asian dude powering up with flames around him, stars and lasers flying around in the background for 25 minutes out of a 30 minute episode.

brain = melted

edit: over 9000
    edited May 2010
    yes well Dragonball Z pretty much put me off any anime forever. Some screaming blonde-haired supposedly asian dude powering up with flames around him, stars and lasers flying around in the background for 25 minutes out of a 30 minute episode.

brain = melted

meh all artists have their own way of doing the "Battle aura" and DBZ would kill even a hardcore animaniac. maybe one day you will find the path again.
    edited May 2010

brain = melted

Yeah, 4 seasons of constipation just for it to miss is the textbook definition of letdown. Also I do not like the shaky-wavy lines of terrible animation like DBZ and uh, what was that other one? Loopin the third. Gawds.
    edited May 2010
    Capulet wrote: »

I enjoyed the series. My g/f at the time used to insist I watch it with her. Even after we split, I kept watching. Sairor mercury was my favorite character. (:
    edited May 2010
    JT26thES wrote:
    Yeah, 4 seasons of constipation just for it to miss is the textbook definition of letdown. Also I do not like the shaky-wavy lines of terrible animation like DBZ and uh, what was that other one? Loopin the third. Gawds.

First of all

Dragonball was a classic.

and DBZ was just fine up until Android. Totally made my childhood...I wanted nothing more than to punch someone through a solid rock cliff.:D
    edited May 2010
    JCSWW wrote: »
    I enjoyed the series. My g/f at the time used to insist I watch it with her. Even after we split, I kept watching. Sairor mercury was my favorite character. (:

good man.

most of my shows that we watched together got destroyed when my ex bailed. That almost included STO but I hung onto it, just barely.
    edited May 2010
    First of all

Dragonball was a classic.

and DBZ was just fine up until Android. Totally made my childhood...I wanted nothing more than to punch someone through a solid rock cliff.:D

DBZ in a nutshell
    edited May 2010
    and not to derail the thread too much...

me powering up

tequila does that to me sometimes
    edited May 2010
    JCSWW wrote: »

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/700852/x-play-presents-star-trek-rock-band.html
    Star Trek rockband cracked me up thx
    edited May 2010
    Being ridiculously drunk, I am willing to do naughty things to all of you.

Please form a queue.
    edited May 2010
    Ya gotta shave first darling
    edited May 2010

and shaved women are so hawt
    edited May 2010

Now I am sober, I am still willing to do naughty things to all of you.

And getting me to shave my beard off will take more than that. :p
    edited May 2010
    I just found a better picture. I'm on the right of course.

http://www.royalweddings.net/star_trek/me.jpg
    edited May 2010

nice gang sign flashing there. East coast Green Bloods for life? word :cool:
    edited May 2010

Nice pic! Thanks for sharing. Way to represent!
    edited May 2010
    and shaved women are so hawt

AAaH! AAaaAAAH! Kill it! Kill it NOW!

*Shoots lightning*
    edited May 2010
    MooseOfWoe wrote: »
    AAaH! AAaaAAAH! Kill it! Kill it NOW!

*Shoots lightning*

Her clam is so stretched out, it could be used as a tepee. :P