Options

STO up for Most Anticipated Award

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I will make this short and sweet.

This will be the end of cryptic if they took the game for just its name and turning into a par level game just for a quick money grab and i say that cause if that is what there gonna do you can't with a game that has so much history to it and fan base.

I say that this will be the end but i dought that will happen for i hope to god cryptic took the rights of the game knowing that they will have to make this game great for if it fails this will be the end or close to the end for there MMO status, and no I'm not a cryptic hater i love cryptic and there games but I'm stating what everyone is thinking if this is not a great game that meets people's expectations or somewhat meats them this game (that has a huge fan base and will eat u alive) will not last long or cryptic for that matter it will be like a AoC launch but a greater crash of players if it comes out to be a Flop Which i really hope it don't cause I'm looking forward to playing this game as so many other's are too.

P.S still love ya cryptic really hope it's as good as you say it is.

Oh and i voted for ya of course i think you got the award in the bag hands down.

dear lord.........
  • Options
    edited December 2009

This will be the end of cryptic if they took the game for just its name and turning into a par level game just for a quick money grab and i say that cause if that is what there gonna do you can't with a game that has so much history to it and fan base.

I say that this will be the end but i dought that will happen for i hope to god cryptic took the rights of the game knowing that they will have to make this game great for if it fails this will be the end or close to the end for there MMO status, and no I'm not a cryptic hater i love cryptic and there games but I'm stating what everyone is thinking if this is not a great game that meets people's expectations or somewhat meats them this game (that has a huge fan base and will eat u alive) will not last long or cryptic for that matter it will be like a AoC launch but a greater crash of players if it comes out to be a Flop Which i really hope it don't cause I'm looking forward to playing this game as so many other's are too.

Oh and i voted for ya of course i think you got the award in the bag hands down.

I will just be glad to get a new (and online) Star Trek game!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    edit; eh go team and such.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Voted for STO :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Just voted for STO. 50.8% with 4,912 votes.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Went and voted! Go STO!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    did my duty
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I doubt cryptic went for the game just for the money... thats what Perpeutal did and look how it got them :p

STO still winning with 50.9%
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    its not guna slow down.. i voted it was over 50% and 5k votes...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Going to get extra an vote on my work computer tomorrow :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I am the born pessimistic, but I am very suprise thats Star Trek first at this time with 51,5%. I thought final fantasy would be first.

Greetings

Jack
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    VOTE STO

Heres the scores for 7th of december

Most Anticipated for 2010 All Points Bulletin 452 (4.3%)
    Allods Online 203 (1.9%)
    DC Universe Online 708 (6.7%)
    The Agency 150 (1.4%)
    Earthrise 415 (3.9%)
    Final Fantasy XIV 1792 (17.0%)
    Global Agenda 224 (2.1%)

Star Trek Online 5430 (51.6%) (WOOT :D)
    LEGO Universe 348 (3.3%)
    Mortal Online 811 (7.7%)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I am sure after playing the game it will be on the top of another list.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's at 51.7%, leading by a significant margin....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Remember further up Cryptic are up for best company and I am sure it will help them to increase the status of Champions too :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    They haven't crossed the Rubicon yet but they are getting the ducks in the row to march into history..

they should avoid 14 Degrees Taldren Interplay little troubles with experienced Lic holder guidance in the early prod DEV phase. No one here that's waited from something good.. Sees this as a Vulcan Fury collapse..

Getting things going without rushing takes time money far focus.. Atari and CBS see the Potential
    the last design team that dropped this IP could not deliver. Cryptic is Light years ahead of the curve as is highly motivated as their professional reps hinge on it.. This is not a Steppign stone IP its the GRail Cheif..
    The Grail..
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    STO's up to 51% as of my vote. Nothing even comes close. Fortunately there's been no announcement on the release date of that garbage Republic game... otherwise you'd have a slew of fanboys voting for it. The list as it stands holds no competition to STO.

But that's also this games downfall or at least could be. When you get a game that's so anticipated and then don't live up to the hype... you can find yourself with a very angry community and a bad rep. STO has a lot ahead of it... good and bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Current voting is impressive.

Star Trek Online 6419 (51.9%

2nd place is : Final Fantasy XIV 2065 (16.7%) ... waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind.

Oh and just for cryptic :D
    Best MMO Studio of 2009
    1st: Cryptic 2895 (28.2%)
    2nd: NCsoft 2272 (22.2%)

So well done folks :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    There is millions of MMORPG players around the world.
    There is more than 7,000 Star trek fans.
    This poll by Massively is a complete failure due to there being less than 20,000 people that voted in the "Most anticipated of 2010" section.
    What's pathetic to me is that Cryptic advertises this poll that nobody cares about on their official website to win a trophy to parade it around like they won a football tournament, lol.

Remember there's millions of MMORPG players across the world. Thousands of eyes are looking at Star trek online. Millions are looking at Final fantasy XIV. Q:"If that's the case then why does Star trek have more votes on the poll?" A:"Nobody cares about insignificant polls or Massively for that matter."

I don't mean any disrespect to the Star trek communinity, i simply desired to express my opinion.
    I'm not posting this because i wanted Final fantasy XIV to win. I posted this to show people that these type of polls will never be the true will of the millions of MMORPG players worldwide. I didn't vote for any game.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Rekhan wrote:
    Massively is running an end-of-year reader's choice award poll, and we've been nominated for the "Most Anticipated for 2010" award! Head over to their site and vote for us!

Link to the news article.

STO Still in the lead! Voted just now for STO as well!