What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Path to 2409 - 2390 Supplemental Log

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Data as a cpt though.... It's hard to see him in that role... He's always played a support role... But I agree with a lot of people here and am looking forward to 2391.

Cpt.
    U.S.S Lexington
    NCC-58272
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Formatting is all off, there are different people's responses and statements jumbled together, and since when is it some dirty secret how they retrieved Data's memory from B-4's hard-drive...it was already being accessed at the end of Nemesis...

Guys, not every detail about these character's lives over the last 30 years needs to be some freakin secret...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Did anyone else notice that toward the end of the interview, when asked about B-4 and everything else, Data responded by ...

Using a contraction! :eek:

I could be mistaken but I was under the assumption that Data could not use contractions. In fact that is the only contraction he used. Did the emotion chip allow him to do so? I don't honestly remember.

I have a sneaking suspicion that may play a role in the histories.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    sweet :D thats 8472 confirmed for me :D all that bit closer to getting messa a sheeba :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Captain Data doesn't seem to have much to say, but then again, the chances of a possible Borg invasion within Mr. Sisko's lifespan's that Data had mentioned is nothing to sneeze at (if his estimate is correct).

I agree that there is insufficient proof to say that Species 8472 is mounting an invasion, let alone that the possible invaders might be of the same species, let alone the same group that Voyager had encountered.

Also, I agree that even if Janeway was able to make a binding agreement with the people of Species 8472 her crew encountered, doesn't mean others of their species, or even other Fluidic Space beings, wouldn't think about it, let alone know anything about it. Such as some otherdimensional peoples making friendly contact with people of our dimension while they only met up with the Federation. The Klingons aren't bound by whatever treaty the Federation had made, so the same could be said for others of Fluidic Space.

It'd be interesting if it was a matter of colonizing the nebula and then someone in Star Fleet mistaking that for an establishment of an impending invasion and decided that a pre-emptive strike be made, giving a just reason for Species 8472 (or whatever species is 'crossing over') to really attack the Alpha/Beta Quadrants.

On a final note, I find it interesting that Data's keeping mum about the Soong Foundation, let alone himself/B4. Imagine an invasion of a different sort, from within?

On a side note, I wonder if the Soong Foundation got into contact with or studying artifical lifeforms that (as far as I know at this time) aren't part of the Federation (such as the androids from Exo III and Mud's Planet)?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dabblegorf wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that toward the end of the interview, when asked about B-4 and everything else, Data responded by ...

Using a contraction! :eek:

I could be mistaken but I was under the assumption that Data could not use contractions. In fact that is the only contraction he used. Did the emotion chip allow him to do so? I don't honestly remember.

I have a sneaking suspicion that may play a role in the histories.

Not only that. He smiled!

Considering that Data was destroyed, his emotion chip should've been destroyed with him. And.... as B4 was a proto-model, inferior to Data and Lore, he shouldn't have an emotion chip. Also, even with emotion chip attached, Data never did get the hang of subtle emotions.

The phrases used in the script also does not seem to be the type of phrasing Data would use. The style just isn't right.

Conclusion, whoever wrote this obviously isn't very good at channeling Data's character.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    r2data wrote: »
    The phrases used in the script also does not seem to be the type of phrasing Data would use. The style just isn't right.

Conclusion, whoever wrote this obviously isn't very good at channeling Data's character.

Actually, the rest of the script seems pretty much like Data, It is just that line that makes things... interesting.

Only time will tell.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes I think too that 8472 will be in the game. They come in 2390 and by 2409 they had enough time to build up defences if not assault forces :eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    not necessarily, nano-probe filled torpedoes could destroy the bio-crafts with no problem like what they did in voyager

But if u remember and I recall correctly Janeway gave them the info on how to adapt to the nanoprobe torpedoes.

I would love to see Species 8472 back, along with the Borg, Hirogen and the Kayson Nistrum
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Was an okay supplement.

But Cryptic, I ask that if you are going to make a logical explanation how Data was saved within B-4, that you actually contact some of the people behind Trek. I want a something good, not something that sounds made-up in a rush. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hmmm wonder what 8472 are up to :O ... they dont really need to.. prepare for an assult.. they could just swarm in destroy everything they can then leave.

maybe their goign ahread with their plans to infiltrate starfleet... in which case i'll help em :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't like Data right now..

He only gives 1 vague hint and that's it.. :(

But species 8472, woohoo!! We're all gonna die. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't like Data right now..

He only gives 1 vague hint and that's it.. :(

But species 8472, woohoo!! We're all gonna die. ;)

hahahah we die and whats left?????????
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Damn it I cant make it hopefully it'll be on the website.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Guys, I don't get why some of you were so surprised to hear about Species 8472

... -Since they have a screenshot of one of them in the June22, 2009 portion-

It's the third shot from the left! :rolleyes:

So yes, they are coming. They are armed. And they are hostile.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I like it!! Hopefully we will find out how they fixed data!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    well... nice read, i guess. thanks for the update.
    nothing really new on the horizon, though - there were already screenshots with Species 8472, so not really big news, huh?

data being captain of the enterprise - already known
    data's memory saved by using b4 - already known
    borg weakened by voyager - already known

as someone mentioned data's emotion chip: as the original has been destroyed with data's body, wouldn't he be able to build such a chip again by using his memories???

well, after all, it's been an update.
    and i liked reading data's interrogation. sounded quite like the original,
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hmmm, interesting read but am I missing something?

Jake Sisko is a reporter yes? I know reporters have their "sources", but how did he have access to Data's reports to Starfleet?

I know The Federation preaches open and transparent dialogue, but surley a possible threat of invasion by Species 8472 would be classified?

If this is the level of Strafleet's security I bet the Obsidian Order and Tal Shiar used to have a field day.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hmmm, interesting read but am I missing something?

Jake Sisko is a reporter yes? I know reporters have their "sources", but how did he have access to Data's reports to Starfleet?

I know The Federation preaches open and transparent dialogue, but surley a possible threat of invasion by Species 8472 would be classified?

If this is the level of Strafleet's security I bet the Obsidian Order and Tal Shiar used to have a field day.

True I believe that reports such as the invasion of Species 8472 would be Classified by Starfleet until sufficient evidence was found to let the Federation Members know about it. So how did Jake get this info...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Data would never say privy.

Other than that, a good article.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Meh......... :)

I'm indifferent to this Path To.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    For some reasons I didn't like this Log at all. Data sounded too much like a typical bureaucrat. In the shows and movies he was far more chatty and helpful.:(
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    For some reasons I didn't like this Log at all. Data sounded too much like a typical bureaucrat. In the shows and movies he was far more chatty and helpful.:(

Chatty and Helpful :D

Tour Guide Data
  • Options
    edited August 2009

yes but keep in mind who he was talking to... a NON-Starfleet journalist!
    I'm sure he was not allowed by Starfleet orders to say anything more!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm not that thrilled this time. A bit of a dissapointment. Not much action between Jake and Data in their conversation. The story isn't that lively, I'm missing a good dialogue. And as some have mentioned, how can Jake know about Species 8472? That's too much of a shortcut in the entire storyline. I can see the writer did his/her best in depicting the character of Data in the way he talks. For the most part he/she succeeded. But all in all it isn't a very qualititive addition. Ah well, it isn't always gold...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Rick_V wrote: »
    True I believe that reports such as the invasion of Species 8472 would be Classified by Starfleet until sufficient evidence was found to let the Federation Members know about it. So how did Jake get this info...

maybe its the species 8472 morphed as jake :O impying theyve already infiltrated starfleet, and for reasons unknown have decided to say hey we want membership to :O
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Paulo999 wrote: »
    maybe its the species 8472 morphed as jake :O impying theyve already infiltrated starfleet, and for reasons unknown have decided to say hey we want membership to :O
    That must be it! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Paulo999 wrote: »
    maybe its the species 8472 morphed as jake :O implying theyve already infiltrated starfleet

Wow. I actually really like that twist.

It would explain why he's seeking out the most prominent figures in the major alpha quadrant powers. It would explain how he managed to gain audience with each of them. It would explain why he never speaks much about himself.

But it couldn't be... or could it? :eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    a better ending to Data then what was planned for him in ST:Nemesis, still I wish Brent Spiner were a part of this in some way, although I hear hes done and that's why he was killed off.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wow. I actually really like that twist.

It would explain why he's seeking out the most prominent figures in the major alpha quadrant powers. It would explain how he managed to gain audience with each of them. It would explain why he never speaks much about himself.

But it couldn't be... or could it? :eek:

if it is an 8472 then my response would be just... wow, first thing you do before invading is infiltrate, and after seeing that episode "in the flesh" they seem to play into their roles as starfleet tops a hell of a lot better than the changligs did, heck they had enough 8472's to replace everyone. dont know if the blood screens would work, if it did the person who tested it would most likely be dead before having told anyone.