test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic (October 27, 2008)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Ask Cryptic returns with answers on ship controls, melee weapons and Craig’s goat. Thanks very much to our development team for taking time out of their busy schedules to answer these!
Your skills will determine how effective you are with melee weapons – a Federation character may be able to pick up a bat’leth and use it, but without training he or she will be less effective than a Klingon who has studied the use of the weapon. And certain martial arts may be limited by faction or race – not everyone can perform a Vulcan nerve pinch.

Read more here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    In the new Ask Cryptic we have been given some new information and one piece we've all been waiting for. The name of Craig's Goat - Snowflakes!

Also it appears there will be many many options on the custom species creator.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Sweet! Thanks for the update Razor!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Varrangian wrote: »
    In the new Ask Cryptic we have been given some new information and one piece we've all been waiting for. The name of Craig's Goat - Snowflakes!

Also it appears there will be many many options on the custom species creator.

A few questions answered, yes. Nothing of interest to me, so no "WE" do not have an answer.

At least something was given though. :(

Yes, thanks Razor.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Each time i read the new game info i still need more, but hey something is better than nothing.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Interesting. It looks like I'll have to include Federation folks into the first Bat'leth tournament. Heheh but sounds like the devs are gonna give us the upper hand....or at least we better.

I'm a bit disappointed in the choice of questions though. I remember a lot more in the original thread.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    New Ask Crytic = Good times
    No new gameplay vids/screens = Bad times
    Snowflake = Queen of the Goatian Empire
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Keldaria wrote: »
    Will a Mention of Craigs Goat be in STO ether in a rare mob or random quest?

sweet their working on content for this... thx for answering my question hopefully that agent of hers will call you guys back.

Poor Craig :o
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Awesome, my ship control question was answered! That was the main one I was hoping for.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nothing really exciting there. I have no interest in the goat. Question could have been used for something relevant.

I really did not get anything out of this Ask Cryptic. Guess I will wait another month and a half for a new one.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We apparently as a forum have no sense of humor :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    GREAT. new ask cryptic THX guys :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    SAMEET wrote: »
    Nothing really exciting there. I have no interest in the goat. Question could have been used for something relevant.

I really did not get anything out of this Ask Cryptic. Guess I will wait another month and a half for a new one.

Could you stop complaining for one day? You got what you begged for.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    this was a great thing to read and they asked some good questions
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    SAMEET wrote: »

Hey I had 2 questions I can't help which they choose to answer =P altho I'm happy that they answered it =)
    We apparently as a forum have no sense of humor :mad:

tell me about it lol... I'm really hoping to see a planet of half humans half goats called craigians ... if they don't exsist yet i plan to explore the galaxy untill i can make them

Long live the goat Queen Snowflake
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Qnaz wrote: »
    Interesting. It looks like I'll have to include Federation folks into the first Bat'leth tournament. Heheh but sounds like the devs are gonna give us the upper hand....or at least we better.

I'm a bit disappointed in the choice of questions though. I remember a lot more in the original thread.

sounds like they may have some type of holodeck training good for both sides i guess?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hey Razor whens the next Ask Cryptic Topic gonna open?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The info about spaceship control is somehow the only thing of real interest to me in this Q&A.
    As a long time Eve player it is good to know that it will be different in ST:O. But somehow i don't know how i should imagine it in an other way than in Eve Online. Do i need a Joystick to fly my Starfleet vessel or what?

Nethertheless... i want pics, vids... something realy moving!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    What I want to see is more Path to 2409. When's the next installment going to be?!? :mad:

(does not get goat, figures there is some injoke I missed... >.>)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    capgjt585 wrote: »
    What I want to see is more Path to 2409. When's the next installment going to be?!? :mad:

Watch the Vegas Webcast. It is not so "inside"
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thanks to Razor and thanks to the Devs for taking time to answer a few questions. Keep those answers coming!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for the information guys :)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for the information. It appears that we can create just about anything for a race. Basically we can copy a race of Romulans as Vulcans that have more emotions and call them something else, like Rhiansu.

I've already got my new species ready to be worked up, I just need the game to fill in the particulars.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Can a Federation player choose to be a member of the other faction, like Worf?

Worf is Klingon, but he joined Starfleet at a time when the Federation and Klingon Empire were allies. Races at odds with the Federation, such as the Romulans, have historically not been allowed into Starfleet. Because of the political situation in 2409, it may not be possible for races from one faction to be a part of the opposing one. But with the species creator you will have access to a wide variety of racial pieces so you can create the character you want. How about a person of Klingon-Vulcan ancestry with some telepathic abilities?

At least this sort of answers my question about if I could make a Romulan-Vulcan (like Saavik) as a member of Star Fleet.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    nice to see some more questions answered, but now I have even more questions.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    capgjt585 wrote: »

Watch the Vegas Webcast. It is not so "inside"

I, too, want to see more backstory, as long as they follow the storylines closer to the books, as people seem to expect. And I don't have access to the Vegas webcast on my dialup connection. A little help?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    How alien will our aliens get, will they be all humanoid? Or will things like Horta be allowed?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Why does this remind me of Gary Conti from Star Trek Legacy?^^ Nice stuff guys, thank you very much!

For all German people we''ve translated this stuff into German, hf.

• Options
    edited October 2008
    I, too, want to see more backstory, as long as they follow the storylines closer to the books, as people seem to expect. And I don't have access to the Vegas webcast on my dialup connection. A little help?

Craig Zinkievich the executive producer (I think that's his title) owns a goat. Jack mentioned it at least once in the Vegas webcast.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Who picked that question? I didn't even remember anything about a goat. Is this something people have actually been curious about? I'd like to be able to attack the whole article, but there were actually some great questions answered(ship control, cross-species creation). But really, was anyone actually curious about this goat thing?:confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    And another person with no sense of humor. Personally I was over joyed to learned the goat's name is snowflake.