test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Three New Screenshots! (October 9, 2008)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've added three new screenshots to our gallery! Included is a detailed look at some of the character customization possibilities that will be available in Star Trek Online.

See them in our gallery!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wow. Those character models are incredible. If that's how they look in-game... then I will be very, very pleased. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    yea they realy looks nice:) allthough 2 of them was from the wallpapers
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wow, truly amazing shots and the character customization (which I wasn't too concerned with) is absolutely awesome! Another feature to be psyched about! THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I really loved the new character screenshot! I can tell I'm going to have an absolute blast creating new characters for STO. Thank you for sharing them. Can we get more soon pretty please? ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Will I be able to have a purple haired human? Because that would be absolutely sweet, even though it breaks canon.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I love the character model shot. I can't wait to see more of what we can do with the character customization.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Thank you for something new. The character models look awesome. \o/
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Now it's settled. The first one is a Secluded Vulcan Monastery. Thanks for the screenies! The character customization one is very impressive!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Awesome! The planet, the Vulcan Monastary, and the custom Characters all look great!

I'm loving the custom race on the top right, I was concerned that new races would all look hideous. :p

Then again... the blue Romulan-esque character, with red hair, in the bottom right... I must say, if I see one of those in-games I would probably make fun of them for horrible colour coordination. :p

So while all of them might not be hideous... some of them already are. But they sure look great - even the hideous ones! :D

(To clarify - the design itself, is the hideous part. It seems your models themselves can make anything look good!)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    2 screenshots already from the Wallpapers. The character customization looks were in the game informer article. So technically nothing new.

But the update appreciated. Keep them rollin'.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I was an avid city of... gamer for over three years so I knew going in that the character generation software is the best in the business. The endless variations that people would come up with in those games never ceased to amaze me.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    lol Sto is defintly a killer it kills:
    Aoc
    Wow
    Eve

uh.. all mmorpgs (mmo's)
    :cool:

Hmm.. to bad Sto devolpers are so mean..
    let us do Beta! :p
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If those are really shots of the same female what she would look like with different race, taken from the character generation, then i am really impressed.
    What a great engine you guys created!! Looks really fantastic!! What abaout a short movie with character generator scences? We would love to see that :)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Jazzman wrote: »
    If those are really shots of the same female what she would look like with different race, taken from the character generation, then i am really impressed.
    What a great engine you guys created!! Looks really fantastic!! What abaout a short movie with character generator scences? We would love to see that :)

ah you beated me just wanted to post that.. yes please put a video of creating a char and maybe the walking movements.. :) and maybe about 2months a captain that explorers hes ship or something :D
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Lets see: two of them are from the wallpapers that were released the other day, and the other is from the gameinformer article. Whoopie :o
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Lets see: two of them are from the wallpapers that were released the other day, and the other is from the gameinformer article. Whoopie :o

Not entirely true. I'm looking at the GI article and the model in the bottom right corner is not in the GI article.

Why is this important you might ask?

If you look at that model it is a Romulan albeit with blue skin and red hair, but a Romulan nonetheless. Which means I can have a Romulan as one of my Crew members.

Now if they'd just show me some Canoids :p
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    noobie qeustion here..

So you can pick any spiecies.. and make that your charecter?
    but aslong your in the federation or klingon empire... :confused:
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Lizzio wrote: »
    noobie qeustion here..

So you can pick any spiecies.. and make that your charecter?
    but aslong your in the federation or klingon empire... :confused:

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll try to answer it from what I think you're asking.

The Feds have Humans, Vulcans, Andorians, Ferengi, Bajorans and Tellarites. The Klingons have Klingons, Orions, Gorn and Nausicaans. Either faction can customize and create and entirely new species.

What we don't know is if either faction will have certain assets they can and cannot work with in the customization process.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh I can't wait to custimize my bridge crew!!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Meh. The characters creator looks great, but nothing new here, move along folks(yeah, I'm being negative, wanna fight about it?)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Woot for Andorians!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    These new screenshots are very nice! Thank you for posting them!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nice info!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Seeing that screen of the character models at a larger res does them much better justice. they looked ok in the GI article but this really shows how realistic they're going to look!

Excellent work guys glad to see you've been studying your anatomy books :D Some other companys might not be so careful!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Dear STARTREKONLINE:

I am impressed with the screenshots...GREAT work! Also, thank you all for all you do!

Most Sincerely,

TC65
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Funny all but one of hose characters looks like a 10-14 yr old boy, the other looks like a 10-14 yr old girl, are we seeing thegames targeted demographics here?

why so young? don't think we ever saw anyone but that weasly guy in uniform under the age of 25.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nice pics I really want to see more of the character customization and maybe some ship customization inside and out.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Six females for the character creator example, could they be my crewmates?;) I wonder if we'll have as much customizability for our NPC/pet crew?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Looks great can't wait!:D
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I agree that the characters look awesome. The game graphics are blowing me away as well. If these screenshots are what the actual game will look like, this will be where I spend all my time. Well done!