test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Binding Emotes... (No, not Finding Nemo...)

toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
edited July 7 in The Academy
Dumb question. Is there any way to use the shift key along with a number key when binding emotes?
I mean , so I can basically bind more than one emote to a key by using the shift key. Holler out an
answer. Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,290 Arc User
    edited July 6
    Is there any way to use the shift key along with a number key...
    We need to distinguish between uppercase and lowercase numbers. This is especially useful in passwords when we need to use capital letters, capital numbers, and capital symbols. :wink:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,094 Arc User
    Is there any way to use the shift key along with a number key when binding emotes?
    I mean , so I can basically bind more than one emote to a key by using the shift key.

This could be the first keybind question asked in this forum in over a decade :smile:

It sounds like you're looking for an emote script in order to make the dance competition on Risa easier.

I use something similar to activate bridge officer and kit abilities in order to make the rest of the gameplay easier.

Assume you're already using something to /bind <key> em <the emote you want>

Keybind script information to make basic ground and space gameplay easier is kinda spread out but is something I can help with.

Keybind script information to make emotes / doffing / crafting / chat etc easier is even more spread out and isn't something I have any experience with.

It should be doable though.. the principles are the same whether it be for dancing or dps (dances per second).
  • toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    No. I just pin the emote box during the dance constest, but thanks though. I was just looking for
    an easier way to add some of my favorite emotes without using too many keys.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,094 Arc User
    So you're looking for a way to bind favorite emotes to a key combination (i.e. shift + number key) for easy access without using too many keys.

When entered into chat this allows a single key to be assigned to an emote..

/bind <key> em <the emote you want>

If this could be made to work for a key combination would it be what you're looking for?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,705 Community Moderator
    thread /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch