test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advanced science console something does not seem right

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
I picked up 2 consoles one EPG and one CTRX. when i slot these, it looks like only the modifier is taking effect on the science stats
my base stats in earth orbit is CTRX 349 EPG 441 when i replace a particle generator with the EPG mod console, the stats change to C 349/E439, swapping another EPG generator with the CTRX console, the number change to C386 E/400. now the question I have is where does the bonus come in? I went to a battlezone, fired of sci team, GW3 and VCIS and photonic officer and there was no change in my EPG levels, it stayed static.
are these consoles bugged?
We Want Vic Fontaine

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,990 Arc User
    87ovbpxgdfj6.jpg

Console - Advanced Science - Exotic Particle Amplifier

"This Console provides Base BOFF Ability Damage based on EPG (up to 500) and Bonus non-BOFF Ability Exotic Damage based on your EPG (up to 500)".

From: https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11545483-advanced-r%26d-consoles%21

So... it appears the bonus is in the damage done, not raw science stats. This seems to correspond to how the fleet research lab science consoles work as they give a chance for bonus exotic damage.

For what it's worth the "usual" way in setting up an exotic science ship is to get EPG to 250 to max out the Particle Manipulator trait and then pile on the Control X (up to 400) to get a decent gravity well so your science stats are very robust.

Disclaimer - I don't use the advanced consoles as I'm fully invested in fleet tactical and science consoles.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    I don't think I'm doing too bad with 386/400 then. I guess tinkering with powers and rotations are next
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    Console - Advanced Science - Exotic Particle Amplifier will show up on tooltips of things that do exotic damage, like your Gravity Well, check that before and after equipping. At 400 EPG, it should be higher than equipping 2x Particle Generators when equipping one with [EPG]
    protoneous wrote: »
    [...]
    Disclaimer - I don't use the advanced consoles as I'm fully invested in fleet tactical and science consoles.

Do note that none of the Science Fleet consoles conflict with these, and only Spire Locators and Exploiters conflict Tactical console-wise, you can use Fleet Colony Tactical consoles if you have those.

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,990 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Do note that none of the Science Fleet consoles conflict with these, and only Spire Locators and Exploiters conflict Tactical console-wise, you can use Fleet Colony Tactical consoles if you have those.

Thanks. For me it's not about conflicts but simply a matter of not needing the new consoles.

I think they did a good job at balancing the new advanced consoles. Players like me who are already fully invested elsewhere can remain confident that the value of their investment is retained while still having options for build diversity in the future.