test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Skill Tree Presets

xgnxlentgamer02xgnxlentgamer02 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Given that the game is 14 years old and there's so much more content in the game than years ago, I think it's about time that the skill tree get some upgrades. I'm sure plenty of people have requests of what they'd like to see, but the only thing I want is a skill tree preset system that works like starship loadouts. It is an absolute pain to have to retrain all of my skills just to play a specific ship build better. Functionally I see no difference between having the retrain system and a preset system other than it being more convenient to change playstyle with a preset system.

The process of actually acquiring skill points would remain the same, and the only thing I can't work out is saving presets if the user has not gained the maximum amount of skill points (example: a user equipping a preset which has less skills than what they currently have now).

If they really wanted to give it some love, I'd suggest instead of preventing players from purchasing every single skill, just make it to where they can only equip the 46 skills we are limited to at the moment. However with this approach, they would probably need to completely redo the passive bonuses and choice selection when actually advancing in the skill tree.

Just to cover all bases, if the current methodology of monetization with respecs is an issue, they could still make retrain tokens a prerequisite for making a preset. Maybe something along the lines of retrain tokens being needed to actually save a preset.

Given how large the community is, I would not be surprised if this has been discussed before. Just curious if this is a practical and popular suggestion.
Post edited by xgnxlentgamer02 on