test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My "would be nice" for PC: auto-fire for abilities like EPtoX and Photonic Officer

davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
For many abilities I want to trigger them manually, based on the current state. Then there are other abilities like Emergency Power and Photonic Officer where I'd rather have them trigger on their own like we can have hangars do.

I also play on console where all the boff and captain abilities can be set to trigger as often as possible or even based on health or enemy target. When I'm back on PC I miss that since now I have to click *everything* on 3-4 bars of powers. Yes I could set up sets of elaborate macros/keybinds to run a set of abilities in sequence, but I want to be lazy :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User
    Yes I could set up sets of elaborate macros/keybinds to run a set of abilities in sequence, but I want to be lazy :)

+1 to your request :smile:

I took the "elaborate" route several years ago. Not having to frantically click on the same 4 to 8 abilities again and again sure seems to allow a lot more focus on the game. It makes things easier.. a much more pleasurable and less harried experience that allows for more focus on the map and other things such as piloting.

Using cooldown management (such as Photonic Officer) and then setting up a simple keybind are the two biggest payback/quality of life changes I've ever made in STO.
This discussion has been closed.