test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ideas for Expanding / Additions to the Winter Event

Had some ideas to add to or alter the Winter Event and was interested in some feedback. First, I was curious if anyone else has the issue that I have with the time frame/length of the event and the general busy-ness of this time of year irl. This Winter Event (2023) is my 3rd event, and once again I find myself too busy outside of STO to have enough time to participate in the different games. It would be nice if the event length could be increased by even just a few days, to give players in the same situation as myself some time to participate in a few of the games. At the very least, it would be nice to have access to the Event store for a few days or more after the event ends in order to get some of the items. The Summer Event store is available year-round, but the winter store is only available during the event? (or am I wrong about this?)

And, along the lines of the clothing options from the winter event, I think it would be nice if both the Fed and KDF Academies could be given a bit of a winter makeover for the duration, maybe even for December and January? It's always a little strange to see characters running around the hot dusty environment of KDF Academy, or the warm southern California sunshine of SF, but wearing sweaters and heavy coats. I realize that the development resources are a bit lean for a game this old, but it might make for a nice touch for the season.

Thanks for reading this, and I look forward to reading your comments :)

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    At the very least, it would be nice to have access to the Event store for a few days or more after the event ends in order to get some of the items. The Summer Event store is available year-round, but the winter store is only available during the event? (or am I wrong about this?)
    Aye, you're wrong.
    Head to the Event interface in the Journal (or Menu on PS/Xbox) and clcik the burron to open the Event Store and you'll see the Summer and Winter items available for purchase.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    johneezee#2342 johneezee Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Okay, thanks. I suspected I might be. I remember seeing the summer event store, and of course you can go to Risa and talk with the vendor, I just didn't remember that I had ever seen the winter event store post-event.