test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kentari Partisan Residuum Thrower, change how the 5 second stacking dot works.

TL:DR, the stacks fall too fast, and the activate/recharge on secondary and tertiary attacks are too long.

As it sits, this weapon is pretty terrible but has a lot of potential. I want to like this weapon because of how unique it is, but it needs some changes.

This is in reference to the Plasma Residuum dot, It does damage based on stacks and the stacks fall off after 5 seconds.
Problem is, with how the secondary works, it's very dependent on having those stacks.

So here are some suggestions I have for this weapon that you could pick from.
#1 Instead of all stacks falling off after 5 seconds, just have it so 1 or 2 stacks fall off after 5 seconds. So it'll take 25s or 50s to lose all stacks.
#2 If #1 doesn't work, then just increase the duration from 5seconds to 10 seconds.
#3 Reduce the secondary cooldown to 3 seconds, down from 7 seconds, and reduce the activate from 0.25s to instant.
#4 Reduce the "melee" charge and activate to 0.5s down from 1.5s and 1.25s respectively. And reduce the cooldown to 7s down from 10s.

Reason for #1 and #2, after 5 seconds, you lose ALL stacks. So if you want to use the Residuum Thrower weapon, you can't really use offensive kit modules mid fight, since using any kit modules will probably mean you're going to lose all your stacks of Residuum. So if we make it so we only lose 1 stack at a time, or increase the duration to 10 seconds, it would help it out a lot.
Reason for #3, is that it needs the secondary to actually do the real damage. The primary DOT is fine, but you need to use the secondary to actually get the kill.
Reason for #4 is the "melee" is pretty important but that charge/activate is so long, you often lose any stacks of Plasma Residuum that are already on the enemy.

PS yes I made a thread about this a very long time ago. It's still something that bothers me, because I really want to like this truly unique weapon.