test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server down?

phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
Hey all, wanted to play a bit of STO but I keep getting a "Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to Account Server". Are the servers down for maintenance? I just can't find any notification about a downtime right now.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    Shard Maintenance, yes. According to the message on the launcher: "We will be performing shard maintenance on November 29 from 5-11 AM Pacific (13:00-19:00 UTC). Please check the forums.'

Of course, the Forums don't have any announcement, so there's that...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Shard Maintenance, yes. According to the message on the launcher: "We will be performing shard maintenance on November 29 from 5-11 AM Pacific (13:00-19:00 UTC). Please check the forums.'

Ah thank you, I couldn't even see the message on the launcher because it never showed any text. And I didn't find any posts about maintenance either.

• Options
    nightwchtr#5523 nightwchtr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    yeah think they should give a days notice not just blindsiding us day of
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited November 2023

Except they mentioned it in the launcher a day before. Also, when they do this quarterly maintenance it is usually (though not always) on a Wednesday. Always be aware that when you have these, a Wednesday is a possibility for shard maintenance, plan accordingly if that is the case. Patches are usually Tuesday or Thursday for PC and console (which has its own schedule). With that said, would be nice if the Arc client and the official forums would be updated with these notifications and not just the Twitter/X page and the other socials. They used to post those notifications in the forums in their own thread then stopped for some reason.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Except they mentioned it in the launcher a day before.

Only towards the end of the day, as when I first logged in yesterday for my Daily there was no message. When I logged in later in the day, it did have the message, but very likely a lot of people never saw it.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    sthe91 wrote: »

Except they mentioned it in the launcher a day before. Also, when they do this quarterly maintenance it is usually (though not always) on a Wednesday. Always be aware that when you have these, a Wednesday is a possibility for shard maintenance, plan accordingly if that is the case. Patches are usually Tuesday or Thursday for PC and console (which has its own schedule). With that said, would be nice if the Arc client and the official forums would be updated with these notifications and not just the Twitter/X page and the other socials. They used to post those notifications in the forums in their own thread then stopped for some reason.

That's my bad. I slept in today. Didn't have a chance to post anything until maintenance was about over. Sorry, guys.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    That's my bad. I slept in today. Didn't have a chance to post anything until maintenance was about over. Sorry, guys.
    Whilst we do appreciate your efforts, maintenance and downtime should be getting posted by the Community Manager!
    It's their job - to manage the community...
    There's the official website, official forum and launcher which should all get said info.
    Additionally, there's a Facebook page and a X/Twitter feed that seems to get more news and announcements than all of the 'official' places combined.
    Thank you very much indeed baddmoonrizin, but I really think the ball was dropped long before you had a chance at catching it!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
This discussion has been closed.