test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QoL Game Suggestions (Console)

drnicket#1308 drnicket Member Posts: 45 Arc User
Log-in Screen:
- make it easier to scroll through multiple alts by programming in a 2-3 second delay on hover/selection before it requests to load in the current highlighted character's away team and ship graphics? This would hopefully speed up the process when the character you want is more than 1 or 2 down the list.

Advanced Consoles:
- even though Spire Tactical consoles have been pooled into the same class as the new Advanced Engineer and Science consoles, they are the only ones that should remain under Character Bound restrictions by virtue of where they come from. I understand the desire to make us grind for them, but find it impractical and unrealistic to character bind these new consoles upon equip, when they should be account bound.
- fix the Science consoles so that they actually do something desirable. sadly, the entire community that understnads how they work deems them useless. I WANT to want them.
- instead of having specific TFOs only drop specific fragments, have all Elite TFOs drop a random box. This will reduce TFO fatigue by allowing players to enjoy all available options, diversifying gameplay for the Elite TFO community.
- Remove the Fragment to Core step of the process completely. It is an unnecessary step. just allow us to craft the console directly from the 5 specific fragments

Exchange:
- add search filters that allow us to find DOffs with specific traits; ex. Telekinesis
- find a way to enable 'More Details' so we can actually see what something does without having to look it up on the wiki; ex. Starship Traits
- When an item is selected to sell, show current listings below as reference. Also, perhaps show what the last dozen actually sold for. (suggestion made by Rofocale)

Targeting:
- Make Starbase 1 untargetable
- add a means to only target enemies, or allies separately; add another layer to the right-stick click to cycle through types, or L3 Ally/R3 Enemy

Combat:
- prevent auto-proc abilities from cancelling interactions (perhaps have interactions override auto-procs until completed, or certain distance away)
- End Red Alert 5 seconds after no enemies in range OR allow us to toggle alert status with something like Full Impulse dropping Red Alert (and shields?) immediately. This one is tricky for those that want to keep their 'In combat' buffs going.
- Move NPC chat dialogs to the top left of the screen (over Chat window), OR make Wheel ability UI always be over NPC chat dialog boxes.
- Don't let communiques pull you out of menu screens. Play the audio, but wait til you back out of the current menu screen(s) before they become the active window.
- Power Distribution Weapons/Shields/Engines/Auxiliary - give us a menu screen where we can set up our own balance presets and have the right d-pad cycle through THOSE.
- Wheel Ability interface - allow us a menu screen to hide abilities we don't want to see while in combat, set auto-procs (even while in the opposite ground/space map), and allow us to slot/reposition those that remain into the positions we are comfortable with. Also, when there are few enough abilities slotted, have gaps between that help prevent accidentally selecting an adjacent ability by mistake.
- give us a menu screen to set up ability bars like those on PC
- Please add buff bar(s)! our teammates can see how may buffs & debuffs we have on us, and we can see theirs... but we can't see anything about ourselves!
- Add Carrier Commands to Wheel in the same fashion as Cruiser Commands. Console should have access to these as PC players do. this may help boost Carrier performance and desire to buy and play carriers.

Galaxy/Quadrant/Orbit/Ground maps:
- Delta Quadrant still zooms in and out WAY too slowly. Please adjust this.
- when deciding to enter an orbit map, please 'consistently' give us the option to enter directly to where we want to go, like Sector to inside DS9, Sector to ESD/Academy, Sector to Qo'nos Shipyard, etc. multiple load screens just to get somewhere can take take forever!
- enable client side caching so load screens don't vary between seconds and literal minutes? whether a PS4, PS4 Pro, or PS5, it can literally take 5 minutes to load a map, even an empty (no other players present) instance. -

Customization:
- Respec characters - once we spend a Respec token and complete spending all points, allow us to save that as a loadout option. Sell us Spec slots. allow us to spec for Sci Control, Sci Torp, Tac DEW, Tac Torp, Eng Tank, etc... and allow us to flip back and forth when we want to fly a different way on that character.
- When we unlock a T5/6 starship trait once on an account, unlock it (make it available) on all characters on the account that 'can' have access to that ship. Also include any gear on those ships in the reclaim tab of all relevant characters once the ship has been activated on the first character.

Phoenix store:
- make Tokens tradeable (but maybe not sellable on exchange?; treat similar to T6 100% Off Coupons from bundles and Zen store?)
- make Epic ships account-wide unlocks

Zen Store:
- Do away with the artificially inflated Mudd Store pricing structure and just set everything permanently at 50% of base, then apply sales of 20/25-33% off as you see fit. Not only is it insulting to see, but it's rubbed in our face in the Mudd Store item description.

- Change Mudd Bundles to include all previous options (adding ships from Epic Phoenix store), but assign a point value to each category of ships:
1 point for Lobi or previous event ships,
2 for Lockbox ships, and
3 for Promo ships.
Make different bundle packs provide different point ranges, say, anywhere from 1 to 9 points and give perks, (like a choice from Master Keys, Starship Upgrade Token, Ultimate Tech Upgrade, Elite BOff Token, etc), or discount the zen price based on the number of points purchased.

The BIG one:
- Do away with character binding ships and items (except for Reputation and Fleet gear as that actually makes sense).

I guarantee you I'd spend more on this game if I knew each purchase would benefit all characters on my account. I'd go for more Lockbox/Promo ships instead of limiting myself. I've easily spent a couple grand on this game already and am prepared to spend more IF I don't have to wait for an overpriced Mudd bundle of ships to get only ONE that I want.

I encourage everyone to make suggestions below.
One rule: be respectful to Cryptic, their representatives, and other commenters below or your opinions will fall on justifiably deaf ears.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    drnicket#1308 drnicket Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    added Rofocale's Exchange suggestion
    added Log-in scroll delay idea (forgot it earlier)
  • Options
    will#4752 will Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    this is an amazing wishlist and there`s hardly anything here i wouldn`t drool about getting. just wish the console community was a lot more vocal in here to give this thread the support and attention it needs. but i guess console players are a little jaded about expecting things like this will happen. it`s a nice thought and a helluva dream but from past experience that`s all it will be unfortunately.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    A great list, most of which I'd love to see implemented simply because it's available on PC anyway.
    However, there's a small few I'd disagree with, but only because the game might become 'too easy', if you will...

However, Console still doesn't have a proper Salvage Interface!

Concept:
    ud2lbcxx6cpm.jpg
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    one of the most frustrating aspects of this game is the inability for even basic search in your inventory when it comes to selling on the exchange, trading to other players or even sending things through the mail. can you imagine trying to find a particular doff amongst hundreds by scrolling down searching line by line. another example is when i start a new toon, i send it colonists through the mail from other toons for the colonization chains. i have to scroll down past everything in my inventory, then past all the doffs just to get to them. i can have 100+ items in an inventory and usually 4-5 hundred doffs to scroll past and then i have repeat it 5 times per mail. i`ve spent 5 to 10 mins just mailing 20 colonists. having never played on pc i can`t help but wonder if it`s as archaic a system as console has.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    will#4752 wrote: »
    one of the most frustrating aspects of this game is the inability for even basic search in your inventory when it comes to selling on the exchange, trading to other players or even sending things through the mail. can you imagine trying to find a particular doff amongst hundreds by scrolling down searching line by line. another example is when i start a new toon, i send it colonists through the mail from other toons for the colonization chains. i have to scroll down past everything in my inventory, then past all the doffs just to get to them. i can have 100+ items in an inventory and usually 4-5 hundred doffs to scroll past and then i have repeat it 5 times per mail. i`ve spent 5 to 10 mins just mailing 20 colonists. having never played on pc i can`t help but wonder if it`s as archaic a system as console has.

No on PC your last example would be super easy. Open a window for your Duty officers roster, click on the Passengers tab, then drag the colonist you want to mail to the attachment part of the message. No scrolling through 100's of inventory items and duty officers.

I play on PC and console, so I understand your pain.
  • Options
    baucoin wrote: »
    No on PC your last example would be super easy. Open a window for your Duty officers roster, click on the Passengers tab, then drag the colonist you want to mail to the attachment part of the message. No scrolling through 100's of inventory items and duty officers.

i`m not sure whether to thank you or curse you for enlightening me lmao. it`s starting to get blatantly obvious that none of the devs or anybody at cryptic play regularly on console, otherwise we would have seen actual QoL changes long before now. and i do appreciate the heads up thanks, though it`s hardly surprising lol.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited November 2023
    will#4752 wrote: »
    baucoin wrote: »

i`m not sure whether to thank you or curse you for enlightening me lmao. it`s starting to get blatantly obvious that none of the devs or anybody at cryptic play regularly on console, otherwise we would have seen actual QoL changes long before now. and i do appreciate the heads up thanks, though it`s hardly surprising lol.

lol. When the game first came to console, we didn't even have the duty officer system.

Oh and drnicket, great list by the way. *two thumbs way up*
This discussion has been closed.