test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Taken by Surprised Slowness...

My first, but necessary critique of an adventure. The story idea of Taken by Surprise is good. The game play is awful, here is why.
GAMEPLAY
1. The NPC's don't move ahead, stop moving if you pass them and wave at you the entire time like it's your fault.
2. You cannot continue the adventure until the npc, either not moving or moving back and forth reaches an area, say... a door.
3. The cutscenes are not skippable, even after the 20th playthrough.
4. The Jefferies tube traversal is slowed... SLOWED!?!?!? are you F**king kidding me? They're big enough for a Gorn to walk through Upright! There's a enough ambient noise that NO stealth is needed what so freaking EVER! Stop being stupid and slowing things for stretched content!

ADDED "Mechanics" to defeat Borg Boss and Borg Ship
1. Meh... not really needed and uncannonly unrealistic to be honest. Just make them tougher and we, the players will suck it up. Specialized attacks and enviornmental changes work way better than, "Oh NO!!!! you have to kill the wee babies ta smite tha biggun!" OR just make the "babies" do more damage with cooler weapons to FORCE the player to not mob the Boss.

STORY AND ACTING
1. Decent, I liked seeing Kim again and the concept is pretty cool.
2. The part where you save Kim "Just in time" was dumb given how long the green borg stared at him before you shot it. It would have been cooler if the borg was trying to assimulate or eletrocute Kim first OR you just speed up/remove the "longing stare" greenie borg gives.

Please fix the above four issues. If only by using the old NPC leading code and not slowing the tube traversal. The rest are just pet peeves. Thank You and Thanks for Trying Something New!

Comments

• Options
    kmaximuskmaximus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    UPDATE: If you NEVER sprint in the ground part of this mission, it runs smoother. This does not apply to the Jefferies Tube part. The second part of this mission on the Borg Cube does not have any of these issues.
  • Options
    captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Totally agree on Gameplay number 3 and 4. I played through the recent Tesseract event to get the ground set, having endured Taken By Surprise at least four times on my four avatars. For one thing: that stupid mission takes me AN HOUR to complete -- 3 space maps and 3 ground. Another thing, yeah we can't skip the cutscenes. I feel the devs wanted us to slog through the canon as slowly as possible for the sake of storytelling. Dammit I don't care about the story or the entire history of the Borg Kingdom, I just want my ground set!! They really could not have broken this mission into two parts? Some of us players do not have an hour to spend every day for this!
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"