test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neutral vanity items

xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
I hope I haven't overlooked something, I tried to use the search function and nothing came up, but I am aware that my "search-fu" ain't what it used to be.

Is there anything like a "neutral" vanity item? So that, if you have ship X and some, let's say shield which gives it a hue or whatever, but you want the original look of the ship back. So a vanity item that just undoes whatever happens through the used item.
My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    If your using a vanity item as a decorative thing inside the vanity area, remove vanity item.
    If you are using the vanity item as an actual part, right click on part and turn off effects.
    Original ship returns to you.
  • Options
    Ah, I didn't know the second part, thanks. (The first is kinda obvious though ;) )
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Be very careful to NOT accidentally recycle the item... It might be helpful to right click on the item and select the "Turn Protection On" status. But ultimately fred is right... right clicking on an item will give you a menu of options, including "More Info" which is also very helpful...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    What might be nice is some cosmetic weapons... for instance, I'm required to use the Quantum beam array for the bonuses, but I rather dislike the non-canon look of the beam. I'd love to make it look like a regular phaser.

This is off topic, but the reason why we CANNOT do this is listed in the FCT.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Be very careful to NOT accidentally recycle the item... It might be helpful to right click on the item and select the "Turn Protection On" status. But ultimately fred is right... right clicking on an item will give you a menu of options, including "More Info" which is also very helpful...

Um I protect EVERYTHING I am planning on keeping :) NO BRAINER!:)
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Obviously... but I was being nice...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Obviously... but I was being nice...

Which is being appreciated. Though I did know about the right click context menu, and protection and everything. I just didn't realize there would be additional options once equipped as compared to the inventory one.
This discussion has been closed.