test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion / Request] Weapon Visual Slot / Solanae Revisited

tokushi#5157 tokushi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
First time using the forum, and I've only had a cursory glance over the feedback category so far, so please forgive any errors or overlap.

First thing I've been desperately wanting, as a person who almost refuses to use certain things due to either their vfx or mismatch, I've been really wanting a Visual Slot for weapons. Even if it means adding specific vanity weapon items to slot into it (as I assume there would be some errors linking a beam visual to a cannon weapon). There are some weapons, for example, that I really love the appearance of, but never use because only one of that item can be equipped. Sure, it's fine for a T1/T2 ship, but not for a T6 ship with 8 weapons. The Matter Conversion Antiproton weapons, or the Quantum Phase weapons for example.

As a side note, would love to see more options for deflector and impulse vanity slots.

Second thing I've always wanted is more Solanae/Dyson stuff. The ideas and designs were unique and great, but was barely utilized. The content itself is mostly relegated to endeavors these days. I just feel there is so much more that could be done with the Dyson Sphere, story-wise and design-wise. I would absolutely love to see more Solanae-inspired ships, or at least updated Dyson Science Destroyers, as they are definitely dated.

The current state of the Dyson Science Destroyers has them as a 3/3 weapon ship with a weak toggled fore weapon, as it can't be removed, and thus can't be upgraded to Mk.XV Epic. The DSS Consoles are also DSS-locked, despite being great protective options, especially for shield builds (at least in my experience). Proton weaponry is also difficult to make use of due to needing to split the damage consoles between Proton and Polaron, so it would be nice to have the Proton weaponry expanded on too.

Overall, I feel the Solanae and Iconian content in STO is great and unique, and helps separate from the cinematic universe, making it a fresh and new experience.