test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

an idea to fix the zoom issue on Xbox/ PlayStation

discodragonftw#5507 discodragonftw Member Posts: 79 Arc User
I don't know if this is allowed or not or what exactly constitutes an "unsolicited idea"
Or even the technicalities behind what I'm about to recommend the issue with camera zooms on Xbox is we only get three options like a GTA game but what of the devs just took the functions of the Page up Page down is keys and add them to the captains command menu
I don't know how this post is going to affect the possibility of this happening now but I feel like it hasn't been brought up that page up and Page down can also affect zoom on PC, but most people just use the scroll wheel on the mouse

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    I'd love to have custom zoom on my PS4, but I don't see how this could be so easily implemented on the controller given what each button currently does.

Perhaps a "Zoom" command in the menu which puts you into a Zoom mode?
    Then you can set your zoom preference with the left stick and X/O to accept/cancel?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • discodragonftw#5507 discodragonftw Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    I'd love to have custom zoom on my PS4, but I don't see how this could be so easily implemented on the controller given what each button currently does.

Perhaps a "Zoom" command in the menu which puts you into a Zoom mode?
    Then you can set your zoom preference with the left stick and X/O to accept/cancel?

did you loook at the pic? I said it should be in the captain commands menu like the GTA style zoom currently is
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    I said it should be in the captain commands menu like the GTA style zoom currently is
    That's exactly where I suggest putting the new "Zoom" option!
    I like your version better, but I was just offering an alternative.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/