test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What old content would you like to see restored/revamped?

124»

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,270 Arc User
    The Kobali arc can be skipped if you want, but NOT if you are a Delta or Temporal recruit, for those characters you must complete the entire Kobali arc inc all ground missions if you wish to claim the rewards. I'm not sure if this same requirement is needed for Klingon recruits as I haven't progressed mine past this point yet.

Personally I don't mind the Kobali arc, except the part where you have to track down the Harry Kim that is turning into a Kobali, that is a very long mission and that maze is annoying. I do think the ground missions could be tidied up a bit, there is a lot of having to go back and forth constantly between the city and the outer battle areas, this makes it quite a long slog to complete the missions.

Maze I like, it's that speed obstacle bit where ya gotta shoot the bits on the wall to make the bridges come out. Dunno if I ever managed to do it in one go.

I dunno if it my reaction times or connection but I always did the last part by dying close enough that I spawned at the end, it's one of those rather poorly thought out parts. My Problem with the maze was that there was no option to tell Harry Kim "Now's not the time captain! focus on the mission that's an order!" seeing as if you do that without massive skipping your character should be an Admiral by that point.
  • Options
    amethyststar#2420 amethyststar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    (not exactly old and lost content, but its stuff that is in the game that can be utilized a LOT more)

The Starship interiors seen in the rebooted tutorial areas (Fed wise at least, I cannott recall klingon/rommie much) of the ship you take command of in the tutorial should be made as a default base game option for captains starship interiors. (including the corridors, engineering etc etc)

Include the larger bridge of the same style seen in the episode "the calling".

Maybe do 3 retextures as further options.

The base materials there, they just need to finish it off for player use.
  • Options
    polaronlover83#9202 polaronlover83 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I miss the nostalgia of walking into Memory Alpha and seeing the halls of glowing glass and players standing around kiosks. I also miss the warping into deep space and exploring anomalies which sometimes yielded spontaneous bridge officer missions and combat scenarios. Furthermore, I miss the old 23c missions where we fight alongside the Enterprise. I'd love to see a repaired version of the 23c bridge to go with that.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I miss the nostalgia of walking into Memory Alpha and seeing the halls of glowing glass and players standing around kiosks. I also miss the warping into deep space and exploring anomalies which sometimes yielded spontaneous bridge officer missions and combat scenarios. Furthermore, I miss the old 23c missions where we fight alongside the Enterprise. I'd love to see a repaired version of the 23c bridge to go with that.

Memory Alpha was a very pretty map. So was Utopia Planitia.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I'd bring back 'Cage of Fire' and 'Rapier' to the Cardassian story arc.

Cage of Fire: So for this mission I'd focus on Leeta who has come to Bajor to celebrate whatever local festival is taking place. However before the celebrations can begin the True Way in orbit of Bajor arrive lead by Cerin Teresa. The True Way attack Bajor causing all kinds of chaos which results in Leeta going missing in the commotion.

Once the True Way have been dealt with it's eventually discovered Leeta has been spotted in the proximity of the Fire Caves along with Cerin Teresa and a number of Bajoran hostages. Assuming the worst we're sent to the location to rescue her. However ... It's a trap! Leeta is actually Captain Leeta! She's been using the True Way as a distraction so she could meet with the Pah-wraiths! A brief battle would then ensue which would result in Captain Leeta using her newly found Pah-wraith skills to incinerate Cerin Teresa while simultaneously attacking the player character.

The I.S.S. Fortuna (Captain Leeta's first ship seen in the mission 'Jabberwocky') would then arrive over Bajor to pick her up before making a mad dash back to the Badlands. However fortunately for Starfleet the Fortuna was spotted by the U.S.S. Rapier who starts to pursue them.

The mission would then end with the U.S.S. Rapier chasing the I.S.S. Fortuna into the Badlands.

Rapier: Following on from the previous mission. The Rapier followed the Fortuna into the Mirror Badlands where she was captured by Captain Leeta and the Terran Empire.

After losing contact with the Rapier the player is tasked with entering the Badlands to find them. This task ends up with the players arrival into the Mirror Badlands where they find the Rapier at the mercy of the Fortuna. The player would then disable the Fortuna and board the Rapier to liberate the ship.

The player then journeys through the decks of the Rapier freeing the crew and battling the Terrans. Once the ship is secured the Rapier and player then flee back to the prime universe before Terran reinforcements arrive.

This mission could end with the I.S.S. Enterprise rendezvousing with the crippled I.S.S. Fortuna and Leeta claiming the rank of Admiral from the Enterprise's commanding officer.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,811 Arc User
    Why did they stop using Utopia Planitia anyway?

I mean, Memory Alpha stopped serving its function at some point. But IIRC, Utopia Planitia was used during the First Contact day event a few times? Sure, we got some other maps that replaced that event, but what was the reason for not using the UP map anymore?

Now that we have a map of Mars orbit in the game, it would be even better if we could visit UP again.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I'd like to see every mission that was removed restored. I miss that old STO feeling of wacky alien planets, NPC's with no dialogue, and circular ESD. The game is still good but it feels less original now IMO and borrows too much from the modern TV shows. I liked it better when STO's story drove itself.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    I'd like to see every mission that was removed restored. I miss that old STO feeling of wacky alien planets, NPC's with no dialogue, and circular ESD. The game is still good but it feels less original now IMO and borrows too much from the modern TV shows. I liked it better when STO's story drove itself.

:)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User

A this point, the game has been so changed that it almost justifies having a `classic server` for anyone wanting to experience (or re-experience for those of us here partially for the nostalgia) the original game.
    Sadly not gonna happen, don't see Cryptic putting the resources into that.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    How about bringing back the Hirogen themed missions? (Trapped, Hunting the Hunters & Ghost Ship)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    How about bringing back the Hirogen themed missions? (Trapped, Hunting the Hunters & Ghost Ship)

Thanks, I'll pass; the Hirogen habit of spamming subnuc is extremely annoying.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

Thanks, I'll pass; the Hirogen habit of spamming subnuc is extremely annoying.

Then just don't do 'em.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    The launcher. :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    The launcher. :p

I personally don't really have much problems with the new launcher design though I preferred the older one. With that said, I would like Engage back instead of the blasé Play.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    jcsww wrote: »
    I like the new launcher. It's a vast improvement, especially visually.

Same.

• Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I like the new launcher. It's a vast improvement, especially visually.

I would call it "generic," personally.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
This discussion has been closed.