test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Website Issues

davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
Not GNN, https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news

Until the News update this week, you could click on the Xbox and PS4 buttons/tabs at the top of this page to get to console-specific news.

With the switch to the new fancy site, the top slider only shows PC news and the "filter" buttons for PC/Xbox/PS4 do nothing to change the content list below.

Am I missing something? Is the new site still under construction?

I play on both PC and Xbox so I l miss having console news in a (for me) more accessible format than the GNN subforum here.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    As per the title, the RSS feed does not exist anymore, now that the decision has been made to fully switch to the new website.
    As you can imagine, this is proving to be quite problematic for everyone that uses the feed to push news to their fleet thourgh Discord's bots and the like.
    Since this is neither a bug nor feedback, I thought this to be the best section of the forum in which to post this thread so that it can then be relayed to the appropriate people: bring the feed back, please.

Leaving aside whether I like or not the new website, I find absolutely no reason why it should be axed like this, especially considering there was no warning whatsoever.

And while we're here, how about setting up redirects, so that links still works? Just thinking about the wiki makes my head spin, to be honest, because the sheer amount of links that will have to be manually changed is kind of insane. Not only that, but every link will have to be checked, because while some still works others - like the link to the 10th anniversary news - are broken.

This website has been underconstruction/in beta/whatever you wanna call it for almost a year. It should've been more than enough time to do things properly. But it's not something that cannot be fixed. So please, take a bit of time to do so and make life easier for those of us that do use the feed AND the wiki to relay and/or search for information.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 243 Media Corps
    I very much hope to see a return of RSS functionality.

I run an STO focused discord with over 3,200 members, and our news channel was fully automated with the MonitorRSS bot checking the STO RSS feed a few times a day.

That Builds Discord News channel has 44 other Discord servers following it with who knows how many people who see those news post on each of those servers. We can of course manually post the news articles, but the RSS feed greatly simplifies it and automatically exposes those articles to an audience that may not interact with the STO website on a regular basis.

wyfxb6sn0s0e.png

gx30n48kvylg.png
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,791 Arc User
    I was looking for information on that one relatively new Borg ground ability. Found a Google link, was brought to the main page instead.

This basically means that most information on previous releases is now very hard to find (since the Wiki, also in this case, not always contains everything one might want to know).

In my opinion, the older website was much better. Faster too.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    i go to see if ps has a sale or something new happening and its all pc news
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    /merged multiple threads dealing with various recent issues with the game's website. Title changed to reflect this.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,602 Arc User
    I noticed that the news links in the launcher only takes you to the main web page. I think even clicking buy zen from the C store takes you to the front page
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.