test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Event Notes

I found a paper with notes I took from the last winter event as feedback that I never submitted, so I thought I'd post it here so others could add their input / thoughts.

1) More snorg on tides please
2) Can we cut 5 minutes off the snowball fight, we're given somthing like 10-15 and its usually over in 3-4.
3) DPS for snow weapons is pretty spread out, with most players all using the same weapon. Perhaps some tweaking is in order to better balance out the weapons?
4) In 2021 there was a lot more teamwork in cones than in previous years. There was an initial fix that made the boss much tougher, which worked in zones where many players rallied together, but in all the other zones the players got decimated. Can the boss's hp be adjusted for the number of players in the event / zone?
5) the Gateway sometimes bugged out after being active for 1 sec., usually when enemies had yet to respawn. Can it have a fixed duration instead?

That's all I"ve got.
Thanks,
Addictedorc

Comments

• Options
    drycraeft#5841 drycraeft Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I found a paper with notes I took from the last winter event as feedback that I never submitted, so I thought I'd post it here so others could add their input / thoughts.

1) More snorg on tides please
    2) Can we cut 5 minutes off the snowball fight, we're given somthing like 10-15 and its usually over in 3-4.
    3) DPS for snow weapons is pretty spread out, with most players all using the same weapon. Perhaps some tweaking is in order to better balance out the weapons?
    4) In 2021 there was a lot more teamwork in cones than in previous years. There was an initial fix that made the boss much tougher, which worked in zones where many players rallied together, but in all the other zones the players got decimated. Can the boss's hp be adjusted for the number of players in the event / zone?
    5) the Gateway sometimes bugged out after being active for 1 sec., usually when enemies had yet to respawn. Can it have a fixed duration instead?

That's all I"ve got.
    Thanks,
    Addictedorc

I think i find Tide and Ice hard enough especially when it's randomly harder and there might not be many playing even if the instance is full which makes it super challenging, so i think there's enough spawning there.

The weapons it depends what you choose we usually choose the pistols because it's better against groups and fires out more snowballs faster but once we get overwhelmed even that can be hard, i find it depends what you use the weapons for... the Pistols good for Tide and Ice and Cones of Conduct because you're up against big groups, then the Snowblower you can use that for Tide and Ice by standing behind them but you better have others with you using the pistols.

For Kramp and the Gummy Worm in Klingon Ice Fishing the others work better on them than on the snowmen and other snorg enemies, although i wouldn't say the Gingerbread Defense Squad is good for Tide and Ice like it says... it's better for the others because there's no bigger pauses in between so they don't beam out, i would say the damage is pretty balanced out between the players it just depends what works better on enemies you're fighting and how many there are. Maybe a few more weapons for groups than just the "Hail" pistols? so everyone's got a few more to choose from.

I would say there's enough time to get in enough damage and rewards though and when there aren't enough players it can take the whole time to kill the Kramp, sometimes not enough but it doesn't matter you're just trying to dish out as much damage as you can in that time so you use the other stuff as backup while you're shooting at them to try and get more damage in for better rewards.

I would agree it should adjust to how many players there are because it tends to assume there would be more players but a lot of time when playing on my own there may not be enough players so i spent a lot more time firing at the Kramp or the only thing i can do is prevent as many as i can from passing in Tide of Ice but they always get through all the Ice Walls, which means we don't do as well and lower rewards, then i think it would balance things out right than it assuming there's more players.