test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[DEVS PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS] Quantum Phase Torpedo Massively Super Overnerfed Making It Useless

susanaelia#4902 susanaelia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
So I'm not sure of the intentions with this torpedo but I've found that by default at mk XV, the really little amount of damage that it does is very mini/little compared to all other quantum torpedoes in the game even when at epic quality level. I've been told that it was nerfed a really long time ago and it really needs to be unnerfed as the damage is comparable to the amount/level of damage photon torpedoes do and is not in line with the damage that a torpedo on the quantum scale should be doing. You guys released this and it got people's hopes up to be excited about it and then when they got it, they were not amazed/pleased. Please have the developers correct this because this is just pure plain wrong and disappointing as well unfair, really makes things unequal. The shield drain should be raised (from just -551 shields per mk XII epic torp spread) by 986% to be just rounded nearest to 6K per torpedo spread which would make it somewhat relatively reasonable and then the kinetic damage should be raised by 54% at mk XII epic so it becomes 13,860 Kinetic Damage with the DPS being 390, if it’s expected to pack as big a realistic punch when it comes to quantum mechanics, it should be raised by 430 as the damage is by phase which directly singes the shields and the rest of the damage goes straight to hull, as should be with quantum torpedoes, as such, the excess fluctuations of spatial and temporal instabilities would cause the subsystems to be disabled for 8.5 seconds and a 15.9 second 128 quantum-based weaponry hull penetration gain buff in conjunction with a 128 quantum-based weaponry shield penetration gain buff when fired off in conjunction with quantum phase beam array as per when torpedo spread volley is fired off.

As far as DPV is concerned, this should be heavily seriously taken a look at and investigated as I suspect it’s not even 2,190, seems more like 1,800 or 1,850 at best. The heavy recommendation and massive consideration here and what I would do to level the playing field with this is to raise this value to 3,353 so it’s not only in line with the quantum category of space armaments but this’ll increase confidence in this torpedo again which should be the case as it has the potential to do way far much better than it currently performs. The subsequent scaling should be appropriated so that the Quantum Phase Torpedo at mk XIV should have 6625 DPV and 674 DPS. This is because other Quantum Torps have just way too much of an advantage over this specific quantum phase torp in question currently due to the fact that they can be modded to the max whilst this one only has a single proc which is 20% crit severity, it’d be at least more useful if that were increased by a fair moderate 20% to make up for this inability so the proc gives 40% crit severity to innate damage done by this specific phased quantum torpedo. This will allow this torpedo to be everyone's "Oh Sh*t" armament and challenge other quantum torps in the game as it will be way more leveled out in terms of competitive challenge between them all, with the hope that this one comes out on top hitting like a truck whether the player is a pro or not so its even playing field for everyone too whilst making the quantum phase torp as realistic as possible. With everyone saying that they've seen on Trekyards Originals that they wish there were pulse-phased quantum torpedoes in game, I think this could be made possible if the torpedo launcher's projectile 'fire to flight' timeframe duration sequence speed was increased by in between 143% and up to 150% which then will make players feel they got their time's worth out of this torpedo in grabbing/getting it but if asked for an overall opinion, the torpedo as it is, does feel sluggish so I'd think it be reasonable to give its base flight a 41.6% flight speed boost to its current base value so people aren't so disappointed about the recharge time on the torp, this could be a possible viable alternative to bringing down the recharge time to 5.568 seconds as per quantum mechanics instead of something near 8.097 seconds which is just way too off the scale and unreasonably unjustified.

I heavily doubt anyone will still be disappointed with this torpedo after all these changes are made, I think they'll be much more impressed afterwards as they'll get way far more dmg-in dished out in record time and the damage will be remarkable and be able to at least hit like a truck and feel as though its as tough as a tricobalt tear even though it won't exactly quite be that. In reality, thats how quantum torpedo's with proper quantum mechanics are supposed to be. With spatial and temporal mechanics on the quantum scale, they penetrate armor and shields and the rest of the damage goes straight through to subsystems. As far as the subsystems part, I would add an enemy subsystems offline exotic damage particle flux effect which does quantum trilithium resin damage of 1,218.82 damage per second for 10.5 seconds, simultaneously the hostile's shields go offline for 8.594 seconds. With quantum torpedo projectile damage, for all the reduced modability in this torp, what people are really looking for to make up for this is an additional scaling damage firepower increase modifier of which during the torpedo's flight speed, the torpedo's charge detonation gets even stronger thereby making the strength of the punch it packs increase as the torpedo's flying, whereas the damage a phase can deliver does not rely on distance from the target, rather the stacking firepower it gains as its travelling towards its target. Here, what you can do is give it realistic stacking damage gains as its flying, since phases of light can reach 150% packed charge in as fast as 5.68 seconds, instead of having to go through the trouble of giving players modability on this torpedo, you instead apply, in this regard, give stacked quantum phase torpedo firepower by base damage gains of 150% per every 5.68 seconds and how much firepower is gained depends on how far the torpedo has to travel to reach its intended target. That will make this torpedo way far much more realistic and performant to be a real match to its former released sister torpedos and will truly make this one of a kind unique torpedo launcher as it was meant to be, because from warrior to warrior Admiral, you do prefer it to be this way, don't you?

"The Captains will as per quantum mechanics quite frankly due to spatial fluctuations unfortunately have to find some way to manipulate space's matter in order to get the ridiculous over 10 meters most worth of damage from this quantum spatial armament but as Captains, we are meant to take on these sorts and types of challenges as we would not be able to take the Captain's chair if we were not ready to meet the understanding that we must take initiative regardless of the circumstances surrounding the situation."

~Fleet Admiral Susanaelia Tanglenia

This will greatly increase combat capability for everyone in the game whom chooses to utilize this set which this move would massively change players’ minds about not grabbing it because they saw that it got mass nerfed and isn’t even worth getting as it doesn’t compare to any other quantum torpedo in the game, it needs to regain its competitiveness/competency as a very viable and valuable choice to go for. In the end at the end of the day, it will increase everyone's overall impression of this armament and they'll actually be proud to be an owner of this torpedo. I definitely think your approval ratings would scale pretty much a whole ton with this equalness, fairness and impressiveness move on your part. For once, people will have a truly realistic quantum phase mechanics torpedo and perhaps pulse-phased if you make the modulations modifications, thereby increasing your players impressions of this torpedo and increasing satisfaction of your overall player base. This also goes well hand to hand linearly with Star Trek Discovery Season's 3, 4 and 5 where the quantum torpedo's are actually crazily insanely shearingly devastating just like Star Trek DS9 as well before it. This move actually makes a massive huge degree of logic and sense, this could actually restart people's interest in utilizing quantum phase torps way far much moreover than they have if they even have at all, there's been so little interest since it was nerfed into the gravel and made totally useless/worthless.

It would actually revive the quantum torpedo's reputation in being utilized in PVP and would actually re-align its use and the overall utilization of torpedoes in PVP and not just PVE, creating that MOAR(Middle Opening Alignment Requisition) and close those such divides that currently exist within the game when it comes to this situation. Please implement these as it will spark a new level/type even renaissance revolution of torpedo builds in both the PVE and PVP segment areas to the game. People will actually be willing to not only consider but also willingly utilize torp builds in PVP again in many years whereas I haven't seen any in 5 to 6 years or more, possibly up to 8 years even when I watched my friends play on Twitch.
Post edited by susanaelia#4902 on

Comments

• susanaelia#4902 susanaelia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    @borticuscryptic Please do not let this torpedo’s potential die in ridiculed vain as it has the unlimited opportunistic possibility to reach the maximum greatness of quantum armament potential.